Borderless Printing in Tiger?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pdpfilms, May 24, 2005.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Is it possible to print borderless photos in Tiger? I've been attempting to with an Epson 2200, and found no solution. Nowere (either in printing preferences or photoshop) can I find a borderless option. Even when I select 4x6 photo paper and size it correctly in the page setup in photoshop there's still a 1/4 inch border.

The photos themselves look superb... but that dang border keeps it from being framable. Can anyone attest to printing borderless with the 2200 in Tiger?

Thanks!!

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I believe it's a function of your printer driver. You'll need to add a new Epson printer. Epson supplies Borderless printer drivers for their compatible models.

3. pdpfilms thread starter macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I have the standard Epson driver installed that was supplied with the printer... However, there is nothing mentioned about borderless drivers. Do you happen to know where it could be downloaded? The epson website doesn't seem to have them...

4. blitzkrieg79 macrumors 6502

blitzkrieg79

It depends on your printer (sometimes drivers won't do any good because the printer just can't handle it physically), I would go to Epson website and search if your printer has the ability to print borderless photos, I am not familiar with your printer but from what I have seen is that most of the $100-120 and up printers can do borderless prints...

EDIT: I found a link http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=20306147
    where it states that yes you can do borderless prints with it but i am guessing its somewhere in the settings or it only works with 4x6 paper (or other specialized paper)... OR maybe its a TIGER vs Drivers issue where you will have to wait till Epson updates the drivers for Tiger (if it didnt already)

EDIT AGAIN: see this link: http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00C5mw&unified_p=1

EDIT FOR THE LAST TIME (HOPEFULLY):I know those are Windows XP screenshots but go to http://www.redrivercatalog.com/sbprinter/epson_driverhints.htm
    If you cant find the borderless option even when u set it on specialized paper than it might be a Tiger drivers issue in which case you will have to wait until Epson updates it...

5. pdpfilms thread starter macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

That's the thing... i'm 100% certain this printer prints borderless. I just can't find anywhere how to actually do it.

6. cemorris macrumors regular

I have a epson r200 which I have printing borderless. You essentially will have two printers setup, one using the standard driver which you have, and the other using the borderless driver. For mine, I had to go into add a printer click on the printer and then click on additional models (that might not be the right name) at the bottom of the window. Then select EPSON USB and from there you should see two drivers. The first being the standard one you already have and another indicating a borderless driver.

Now when you go to print, select the borderless printer you setup and select the paper size you want.

This is how mine works anyway.

It always helps to go to the Epson website and download the latest drivers first to make sure you are up to date.

EDIT: Also by the way, I cannot get the borderless driver to show up when trying to print via airport express. So I therefore have it attached directly to my computer. Bummer, I whish Epson would release new drivers to accomidate.

7. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

Same exact poblem with the R300.

Connected DIRECTLY via USB all is fine with borderless. But when I SHARE it or connect via AirPort Express the borderless option vanishes.

So even connected via USB once shared kills this option for me with the R300. I have spent hours on message boards at Epson and Apple and each blames the other for the problem.