bored!!! I want somthing cool to do on my mac. Short film suggestions?

Discussion in 'Community' started by whw5, May 25, 2004.

1. whw5 macrumors regular

Feb 27, 2004
    heres the thing. I just got a brand new PB 12in G4 for the summer. The only probablem is that I have no idea of anything to do with it that is interesting and will take some work effort. I was thinking about making a short film the only probablem is that I have no idea of what film to make or a story line. Can you guys help me? I promise to post the video after it is done. remember me and my friends are just a bunch of 9th graders so it cant be to complicated. Any other suggestions would be great. I could tie garage band in with the movie but making stand alone songs is boring to me. Any suggestions of what to do would be great.
  2. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    Well in 10th grade I did a video over Julius Caesar and in 11th I did a scene from the Great Gatsby in Flash. My recommendation is to take something in history and make fun of classmates. Those are always sure to be a big hit.
  3. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

Sep 13, 2003
    Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    stray thoughts.

1) Change the applescript Hamlet to be an applescript MacBeth. Record it with screen shots.

2) Make a music video. There you already have a plot line.

3) Make a rock opera from a dozen random tracks
  4. mcadam macrumors 6502a

Apr 3, 2004
    What kind of programs did you plan on using?

Flash takes a while to learn, for me anyway, but then when you have done the movie you know how to use it...

Or do you have a digital video camera you want to use?

If you have that, or just a normal digi cam one fun and not very complicated thing to do would be a stop motion animation - you can make characters of modelling clay or use lego or cut them out of paper or just animate whatever there's in your kitchen... take picture, move a bit, take next frame and so forth and so on...put it all together in iMovie...that's quite simple...

And you can allways start the script with the good old "It was a dark and stormy night..." ;)

Good luck
  5. whw5 thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 27, 2004
    I used to do stopmotion and I will start back up again when I get a better camera. I like the movie suggestions I think I will make a music video.