bored of the internet? here's my new site: www.freecompose.com

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by howard, May 7, 2006.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

www.freecompose.com

This is my new website. Basically its kind of like free-writing but instead with music. I will be updating it every Monday with a new composition. (actually every sunday night, later tonight I will add another one)

It is only in its beginning stages and I have many ideas on making it a growing community if it becomes popular, so keep checking it out!

2. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

the sites been updated, a new track is on.

what do you think of the site?

3. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

site's been updated again,

I'd really like some feedback on this site or its music, I added a few ratings posts in the forum. I'd love to hear what you think.

4. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

i think it is too bland. the header is not jazzy or visually appealing enough, and the colors are not nearly as bright. also, you seem to be a bit addicted to the grey. you need more contrast using colors, whites, blacks, and gradients.

5. backupdrummer macrumors regular

backupdrummer

ITs not bad but i agree that it needs a littel contrast a little life. Maybe add some imagery. YOu could easily use some close ups of your music set up or something.

Long story short invest a little more of you personality into the site.

Now that that is out of the way. I have to give you some props on the very un iWebiness of your design if it weren't for the surfer girl i wouldn't have known that you used iWeb to make the site.

6. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

talking to yourself does not justify your existent....

not to be harsh but you keep bumping this thread up with "I just updated again" and your getting no response because it would appear no one is interested.

I'm sure your passionate about this project of yours, but perhaps we're the wrong audience

7. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

thanks for the color types, trouble is i really like grayscale. it was tough to even put the color pages. Maybe I'll try to brighten them up a little bit at least. The site may go into a different direction in the coming months and if it does will get a re-design.

dornoforpyros,
    I don't mean to be annoying in bumping the thread, but I really would like some feedback on the site. I noticed the thread got a lot of views but no replies.

Really I want to know if this is a type of site people would visit weekly as it is a lot of work, and I could always keep up composing weekly and not waste time on the website. I would be happy to keep it up if i knew people enjoyed it.

8. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

and I'm just saying, from the complete and udder lack of responses no one here is interested. Maybe try: http://www.icompositions.com or one of the many other music related sites online where you have a captive audience of people looking to hear indie music