Bose Companion 5s

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tucom, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

Has anyone had any real experience w/ these speakers? Does anyone have them at home? I am looking for some nice, in-depth reviews, but can't seem to come across any...jus really looking for some nice, personal opinions on them. If anyone here actaully owns them, then please spill out all opinions, and give a little review, and post some pics :)

Thanks
    Peace

2. sycho macrumors 6502a

sycho

You can get much better performing speakers for much less, post your buget and you will most likely get a tonne of options.:)

3. Tucom thread starter macrumors 65816

Tucom

I have the Klipsch Ifi, VERY nice speakers, just cuirous about the Bose Companion 5, and no, you won't get much better performance, more specfically, what it can do, for much less. The sound quality is most likely excellent, and it's made to simulate 5.1 surround sound out of 2 speakers, which I am curious about, and about the sound quality like-wise, but just want to hear some actual personal opinions, mini reviews, and possibly pictures of their setups w/ the Companion 5. I have the Companion 3, and believe me, the Ifi's weren't THAT big of an upgrade. I have a very sharp ear too, so Im not just talking out of my hiney :p Thanks for the carring offer anyways, but Bose do make some of the best mulimedia speakers, surpass Klipsch, minuce the Ifi.

So, anyone with the Companion 5?

Peace

4. sycho macrumors 6502a

sycho

Well, I offered an honest opinion, you do what you want. I only spoke the truth, and if you think they were so great, next time don't ask of reviews on it:rolleyes: .
    Go listen to some real multimedia speakers

5. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

Can you post a link of these speakers please?

Maybe there not shipping yet? I heard they take a while to ship...

6. Tucom thread starter macrumors 65816

Tucom

Hey sycho, quit being a selfish whoodad, I HAVE the Klipsch Ifi, if you can take the time to read, you wouldn't being replying with smartass posts. I know what good sound is, Bose doesn't make the best speakers, but some of the best multimedia speakers, and sub/sat combos (excluding the acoustimass surround sound setups, def. not the best). The bass is very tight, not boomy, lacking the in the midrange, but not too noticable, and VERY clear and VERY detailed (the Bose speakers). Also, the customer service is yet to be matched, or even close. Bose stands behind their products 180% too, which is unsees in most manufacturers. All I want is for people who own, or have friends who own, opinions about the Companion 5. Mini reviews and pics would be VERY much appreciated too. I have a passion for Bose speakers, I love their design etc. So I would much appreciate feedback about this product, but please don't let it be too biased ;)

Thanks
    Peace

7. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

I think he put you pretty well in your place. However he asked for information on the Companion 5s, not some "hey post your budget and we'll give you info on other products."

That's like walking into a McDonalds and ordering a milk shake which you love. But the dumbass behind you says "man, I hate McDonalds, given your budget, I'd recommend you check out the Frosty over at Wendy's. It's creamier and you get a spfoon."

I'm tired of hearing the Bose haters on here. It's really quite pathetic. I own a Lifestyle 12 (yea it's about 10 years old and it works great), Bose In-Ear headphones, Bose QuietComfort 3 headphones, and will be getting a Lifestyle 38 for another room in the house. I may even snag a pair of the Companion 5s.

8. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

I have the Bose MediaMate speakers and think they're awesome - I just saw the new Companion 5 speakers and all I can say is WOW! Those things cannot be bad. First of all, the companion 3s sounded pretty sweet to me and the 5's are bigger in general...plus they're probably the best looking comp speakers i've ever seen. If I had the cash Lying around, I would buy them in a heartbeat.

9. sycho macrumors 6502a

sycho

Who where is really being the biased one?:rolleyes:

10. Tucom thread starter macrumors 65816

Tucom

I guess it's hard not to be, but were just tired the biased haters who talk trash about something they have very little knowledge on. I don't know you, but saying straight out the crap you said, pretty much says that you haven't even listened to set of properly set up Bose speakers, and it all depends what kind, too. So don't post on here again, unless it's something different, or not more Bose hating BS. So anyone with any personal experience or owning a set? The more I look at it, the more appealing it becomes :-D

Peace

11. sycho macrumors 6502a

sycho

I have listen to Bose speakers many times, and I have found them to just have a really funny mid-range. I've heard both the 5.1 set, the 1-2-3 thingy, and a set of their computer speakers. The sound did not justify the price one bit.

12. Tucom thread starter macrumors 65816

Tucom

It's probably were you demoed them, or you just being biased ( I could be 100% wrong) and your brain interpreting them as sounding subpar. When I brought home the companion 3s, they sounded a gillion times better than in the store. Some of the Bose speakers also rely on placement, with the Companion 3, you angle the drivers outward, yourghly 35 degrees, and the sound seems much better and the midrange is MUCH more apparent. So, it's a damn true fact that Bose makes way above average speakers, way above. I'm not being biased at all, as I upgraded to the Klipsch Ifi, which can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-iFi-S...3/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-5109630-3087141?ie=UTF8
    It retails for 400, got it for 250 :D. Bose speakers MAY sound bad to your ears, but sound fantastic to others, especially mine, and yes, I do agree the midrange can sound a bit thin at times, but thats to be expected of the single driver they use, but given the single driver, it produces music more accuratley, warmer, and much more open and revealing than the Infinity Primus 150's I was using before the Bose. Bottom line: Bose makes very nice speakers.

Peace

13. Tucom thread starter macrumors 65816

Tucom