BOSOX game.. home plate flasher

Discussion in 'Community' started by chibianh, Oct 26, 2004.

1. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Pretty funny. I had to replay it a few times before I noticed what you were talking about - not exactly HDTV quality - and then I had to replay it quite a few more times. ;)

I'm a Cards fan (although, living outside Boston, I'd be rooting for the Sox against any other team except maybe the Cubs), but I hope that woman has tickets behind the plate to all the Series games!

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

BTW, do you have more of the game recorded? Did she do it other times, and did the announcers ever allude to any of it?

4. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

ya i had to play like 3 times to actually notice her doing it. still pretty funny crap. I wonder if she was kicked out of the game? :p

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

not to point out the obvious... but its not from the series... when was it?

6. filmcutter macrumors member

makes me wonder what kind of Bosox fan would flash their own pitcher?
    especially on the final out of the game...

oh well... still funny! :p

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I love her ongoing conversation as it's happening and her reaction to her friend on the phone telling her he/she saw it on TV....

8. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

nice! I wonder if the game was even this year, though. I don't recognize the pitcher...

9. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

It's Keith Foulke, who's definitely still on the roster. The announcer actually says it during the clip... but perhaps you were a bit ... distracted?

10. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

haha, that's great. What would make someone do that?? Reminds me of when someone flashed one of the live morning shows.

11. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

haha... I think I just couldn't understand what the annoucer was saying. It really didn't sound like Foulke at all to me...

A great clip!

12. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Looks like she was being encouraged by someone on the phone... so either a dare (or double dog dare), or 15 minutes of fame. Who knew she would be all over the internet? I'm sure she wasn't thinking of that... just the moment itself. Wonder if she has seen the clip herself.

Can you imagine her dad at work being sent this link from somebody with the subject line... "check out the hot chick flashing at the Bosox game".

As a Dad of a 22 year old, I hope I never see that! :)

13. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

being a baseball nut, i found which game this clip is from. it was sept. 3rd, at fenway, vs. texas.

pedro won the game and foulke saved it. he was pitching to kevin mench (#28), who grounded out on the next pitch to end the game. (so the "flash" worked for one pitch.) ;)

here's the game summary: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=240903102

and from play-by-play:

no mention of the flashing gal on the game summary, though. :D

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That's pretty damn funny - I kept watching the woman a little to the left on the phone :D

And it was so fast, its a guess if he even saw it :D

D

15. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Notice the Delta Air Lines sign and logo...

Maybe this was some "creative" advertising to get the Delta brand out there! :)

From "The Atlanta Journal-Constitution"
    Delta again changes advertising agencies

For the fourth time in seven years, Delta Air Lines is changing ad agencies.

"We're not looking to repeat in the future what we've done in the past," said Paul Matsen, who was named Delta's chief marketing officer earlier this year.

Matsen said Delta was attracted to Ogilvy & Mather by its "proven history of transforming brands and positioning companies for lasting success." The firm's big clients include BP, Kraft, Kodak and American Express.

Delta's new ad campaign will be aimed at rehabbing Delta's brand, which has been dented by talk of financial troubles, disgruntled workers and slipping customer service.

"We'll be looking to deepen the connection between Delta customers and the Delta brand and to tap into some of the strengths that Delta has had for a long time that we haven't spoken about as much in recent years," he said. "We do need to tap into the soul of Delta more than we've done in the past."