Boston Digital BA735 w/ iBook - Not Working

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by sethwerkheiser, Jun 11, 2004.

1. sethwerkheiser macrumors regular

I got a G4 iBook. On my desk at work I have a set of Boston Digital BA 735 speakers that are plugged into my Gateway computer. I sorta thought I could take the speaker cable, plug it into my headphone jack, and whammo, it would work.

It does not.

I even tried a 1/4 mono to stereo adapater. Still not working.

I did some Google searching and found that these speakers may require a "digital soundcard" or something of the sort. Lots of talk about drivers as well.

Anyone have any experiance with these?

2. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

I've got that same set of speakers from my old Gateway. I couldn't get digital to work on my PB 12" G4 (only G5s have digital sound). I couldn't find any drivers either.

I could get it to work by using the anologue port but I could only get mono sound through one of the speakers. So it wasn't that good.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. It's not a problem with your iBook, it's just a lack of function. Pity, because those are good speakers.

3. sethwerkheiser thread starter macrumors regular

maybe I could run the headphone jack INTO the Gateway, and somehow route the sound into the PC speakers. Heh... stupid things. Someday I'll work someplace where they have Macs :)

4. jax23 macrumors newbie

did anyone figure out a way to do this?

i'm having the same problem...just wanted to see if it's possible. thanks.