Boston, MA - Boylston Street

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by ItalianBoston, Jun 15, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Who's going to be there??

2. macrumors 68030

CrAkD

I reserved to a nh store to save the tax. Plus I gotta work so i wouldn't be getting there till 5ish

3. macrumors 6502a

Nykwil

I'll be at the Boylston St. store.

4. macrumors member

I'll be there! Is 5 AM too late? I have to be at work across the street by 10 AM.

5. macrumors member

God, 5am?

Do you have one reserved?

I can't see many people pulling all-nighters there...

6. macrumors regular

I'll be there. Most likely between 5:30-6am.

7. Guest

advres

I'll ride by and laugh at you all. See you then.

8. macrumors member

when to queue, when to queue?

So, who's done this before? This will be my first launch-day purchase.
    I reserved a phone, which I hope means there's a separate line that will chug along.
    Any day-1 3GS purchasers who can comment on that?

And assuming there's a "reserved" line, should I expect to be able to hit the line at 6:45am and be done before 8am?
    I guess it might be tough to say as this launch could be the craziest one yet. and who knows if the AT&T activation servers will be able to hack it. Yikes :confused:

9. macrumors newbie

I'm curious about this line of questioning too. In the exact same boat... I'm hoping to get to the store around 6:30am and be out by 8 to 8:30am. Could that be reasonable?

10. macrumors newbie

How popular has this store been during previous launches?

11. macrumors member

Yes I reserved! I will bring a chair to sit in to stay comfortable and also have a "placeholder" in the line. Parking going to be a problem? Prudential center garage or should I take the T in?

12. macrumors 6502a

Nykwil

Take the T in or get dropped off, you don't wanna waste your money on parking all day if that happens.

13. macrumors 6502a

Nykwil

It's a flagship store. They will get the most stock, but also the most people will show up as well

14. macrumors member

Feeling better I think...

So it seems like Boylston street won't be too crazy? I reserved mine, but have never gone on launch day. I would assume more people would be posting here. I guess we have a lot of locations around Boston with much more convenient parking?

Did anyone reserve and pick up an iPad on launch day at the Boylston store?

15. macrumors newbie

so I wasn't fortunate enough to reserve one. I'll be waiting in line to hopefully snag one of their walk-in stock. That being the case, I'm planning on getting there super early, like 11-12 PMish

16. macrumors member

I also made a reservation (not a pre-order). I called the store a couple days ago, and they said that there would be a separate line for those with reservations. Hopefully this is true, since from what I recall last year with the 3GS, there was only a separate line if you had already purchased the phone.

17. macrumors 6502a

Nykwil

just passing this along, but wrapsol reps will be at the boylston st store tomorrow.

18. macrumors member

It looks like there are already ~5 people in line. No idea if they pre-ordered or not.

19. macrumors newbie

I have one reserved at the Boylston St store and will also be there early tomorrow morning to pick it up. Planning to get there a little before 7am.. I really don't think (hope) this store will be too hectic, at least for those in the 'reserved' line.

See you all there

20. macrumors member

There are >20 people here now. There's also no separate line for pre-orders.

21. macrumors newbie

Guessing that those who reserved wouldn't bother showing up the night before. I'd bet that line will form tomorrow morning.

22. macrumors 6502a

Nykwil

would be pointless to form a reserve line now. Will probably form it tomorrow morning.

I'll be there around 6 ish

23. macrumors newbie

Boylston Street Store

They set up the walk-in line around 6 PM. There ARE two lines, the ones you see lined up in front have reserved. They were keeping the walk-ins away from the front until they had the gates set up.

The first photo is of the first guys there for the walk-in line. I'm sure b/c they kept asking the sales associate how many they had. There were a few cops there too.

The last two photos are of the reserve line which was set up right outside the door.

Anyways, I'll be there early in the AM too, see ya!

Attached Files:

24. macrumors newbie

karibos - based on the number of people in the reserved line already, is it wrong to assume that if I show up at 6am I'll be out of there by 9?

25. macrumors member

Actually, both lines are actually part of the same one. Only one of the people in front of the store has preordered.