Bostonians...

Discussion in 'Community' started by masterapple04, Apr 14, 2005.

1. masterapple04 macrumors regular

Anyone here from the Boston/Massachusetts area going to the Apple Store in Cambridge on April 29 for Tiger? Just wondering if I'm the only one who's going to be crazy enough. Maybe I could have someone to talk to in line... :cool:

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I live in Boston also. Sorry, I won't be at the CambridgeSide Galleria. The Chestnut Hill Mall is only about 10 minutes from my house. They also have free parking. Maybe you consider changing sites, would really like to meet a fellow MacRumors member. My wife and I plan to be first in line again, would be our second time. You are correct it's a lot of fun.

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I'll be there for the Tiger opening as well. See you around.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Are you saying that you will be at the Chestnut Hill Mall? If so I would certainly like to meet-up.

5. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I would like to go, but, unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. Besides, I am not as excited by tiger since I don't have a DVD drive, meaning I won't be able to install Tiger right away.

6. masterapple04 thread starter macrumors regular

Maybe...

I've never been to Chestnut Hill, but I might give it a try. Don't know how interested you'd be in hanging out with a 17 year-old, but I'll see you there if I go... :cool:

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, I would be honored to have a chance to hang out with you. My wife and I are thinking about arriving around 4pm. If its like the Panther Release Party, that is when the Apple Store will close and the time to get in line. I hope that this will work.

8. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

i'm debating whether to go or not. i've been able to hold out on iWork and iLife '05 for a while now. i'm probably just going to wait till we get a new computer...hopefully in a couple of weeks :D

9. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

I most likely will go to the Galleria, I work till 5 and its about 20 minutes or so from work (via bus). I might consider going to the Chestnut Hill one if it turns out to be a big MR hang out :) , do you know which line and stop it is? I seem to recall a greenline stop near it, or maybe I've gone crazy, again. Any idea how long it takes to get there from government center?

10. masterapple04 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I'm coming about 45 minutes away. Unfortunately, Chestnut Hill and Cambridge are about the same distance, and they are the closest Apple stores to me. It can't be too far from Gov't Ctr. Sounds like we have a real party starting now... :cool:

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Here is information about the MBTA from Governemnt Center to the Chestnut Hill Mall. I'm really hoping that we can have a MacRumos Party at the Tiger release party. I will even try to hold a place in line.

http://trip.mbta.com/cgi-bin/itin.pl

12. masterapple04 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that wdlove. My mother was having a major fit about me driving into the area. I think I can convince gher of the T much more easily. Definitely hold a place for me! :cool:

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Please let me know for sure closer to the actual date, say Thursday. I could PM you a description of me. This would be awesome if it works out. You would be the first person that I have met from MacRumors.

14. masterapple04 thread starter macrumors regular

I will do that. I'll be around the forums (hopefully) more often too. Until Thursday (the 28th)! :cool:

15. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Rats, and I'll only be visiting Boston (from Canada) a week after that.. May 7 or so. Oh well, have fun :cool:

16. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

I'm thinking I might go to the chesnut Hill mall now myself. Unfortunately I don't think I'll get there till 6:00 unless I decide to take the day off (or half day) if sometning else that I am working on come up. I'll try to catch up with all of you if possible.

17. masterapple04 thread starter macrumors regular

Good to go...

It's Sunday the 24th, and I'm at the Apple store in Chestnut Hill. I drove in to figure out exactly where I was going and to see if the roads were as bad as my mother said they would be. I'm quite safe, and I hope to see everyone on Friday. I'll PM you sometime this week wdlove. :cool:

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations masterapple04, so happy that you were able to find the Chestnut Hill Mall without any trouble. Looking forward to making our plans to meet on Friday.

19. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

MacRumors should sell some MR-related merchandise. It'd be easy to pick out the MR regulars for events like these.

[​IMG]

20. masterapple04 thread starter macrumors regular

tomorrow!

wdlove, I just tried to PM you, but it says your quota has been filled. I don't really care if anyone sees this, so:

[PM]
    Well, the 29th is finally here. I should get to Chestnut Hill around 4, maybe a bit later. I'm assuming you'll be there first, but in case I have trouble finding you... I'm about 5'10" and on the thin side. I'll most likely have a maroonish-purple and white jacket on (my school's colors, blech). Oh, and my name is James. Hope to see you there!
    [/PM]

Hopefully there will be a good crowd of us! The big cat is here... :cool:

21. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

I actually have a day off (needed a breather after the last few weeks of work) for an extended weekend, so I am going to try to get the CHM early. This may be the first Cat release that I might actually buy right away.

OS X Purchase history:

OS X 10.0: "Puchased" off ebay, early summer of 02 to install on Beige G3. Never got it to work.

OS X 10.1: Came with my Quicksilver 2002, late summer of 02 (I think it was around .4 or .5)

OS X 10.2: Got for the $30 upgrade price in October/November of 02

OS X 10.3: Christmas Gift December of 03

I think in all, I have paid about $80 on OS "upgrades" on X. This does not include "Classic" OS "upgrades" I have purchased. I got OS 8 at Macworld Boston, I belive the week it was anounced (or at least when it went on sale, got a ergo keboard at the same time). I got 9 Well after its release date. I have had several varients of 7, all came with the computers that I owned at the time.

Can't wait for tiger day! :eek:

22. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Nice job Lacero, thank you for posting. It take it, that's a hint. It would be nicer to have something that we could attach to any clothing, with a pin.

23. amholl macrumors 6502

I live 2 mins away from chesnut hill, but i will be in Chicago on the 29th. Darn!

24. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Me too; the Galleria Mall is a 5 minute walk from my parent's house :)

I'll be going to the Nagoya store instead :cool: