Bottom Nav Bar

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by jules1977, Jun 29, 2007.

1. macrumors member

I am doing a website which has a NavBar at the top and the bottom. I have had no problem with the top NavBar staying at the top, but as my pages differ in lengths I can't seem to workout how to make the bottom NavBar coincide with this (i.e. move up and down with the page lengths). It seems to wanna stay in one place. Hope you understand what I mean?

Hope someone can help
    Jules1977

2. macrumors 68000

tominated

can you give us a peek at the code (html and css)? without that nobody will no how to fix it

3. macrumors 6502a

tutubibi

Use absolute positioning in your CSS, something like:

#menu {
    position: absolute;
    left: 0px;
    bottom: 0px;
    }

If you wish, check out the first site in my signature, it is using bottom menus.

4. thread starter macrumors member

Web Page Address

One of the pages I am struggling with is:

http://www.mhstest.org/htdocs/MHTrusts/IndexMH.html

Can anyone let me know from this page what I need to do (or am doing wrong in the CSS) to automatically keep the bottom navbar at the bottom of the long text.

Thanks
    Julie

5. macrumors 68000

tominated

GAH! too many stylesheets! and there are some referencing to your hard drive!
    try and keep it in no more than 3 stylesheets. BTW: from the looks of your site (i didn't check the css), most of the elements are relative or absolutely positioned. this site could easily be fixed (i think) with all the css in the one place