bottom tool bar lost icon to internet connect

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nomadix, Feb 19, 2007.

1. nomadix macrumors regular

Jul 3, 2006
    `Howdy Folks:

I have my tool/task bar at the bottom - and the Icon next to " Garbage " the one that opens Safari or Camino , I clicked on with a pull up and it disappeared in a " poof" how can I get this back

Cheers Thanks
  2. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    You can add items to the Dock easily by dragging the application icon down to the Dock. For example, to add Safari, go to the Applications folder and drag the Safari icon down to where you want it to be in the Dock.
  3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm a little confused by your post. Did you loose the icon to Internet Connect, or Safari, or was it a link icon?

What did it look like?
  4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Are you talking about the "spring" icon that represents a URL (which would open in a browser window)? If you want to put a URL back down there, just drag the favicon (the little icon to the left of the URL in Safari's address bar) to that location on the Dock.

If all you want is to open Safari or Camino from the Dock, just drag them from your Applications folder to the left side of the Dock.
  5. nomadix thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 3, 2006
    Howdy Y'all:

it was the icon that opened teh internet connect - Maybe it looked like coil - cant really remeber exactly - i thought it was more like " @"

I have Camino icon already on the Dock - but when I click on it it only will open one window - and if I have one window of Camino open already I will have to go to file and New Window - rather have back what I mistakedly lost

Sorry if my original querry was a bit confusing - thanks cheers for all your assistance

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Okay, yes, it looks like an @ on a spring...that's a URL icon.

Your mention of "internet connect" was confusing because Internet Connect is an application, different from the browsers like Camino and Safari that you're really talking about.

Like I said in my previous post, you can drag any URL to the Dock and create a new icon for that URL, just like you used to have.

You can also open a new browser by hitting Command-N. (Command is the key with the apple on it.)