Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
Too much ebay automation with a seller and buyer who don't know much. Just explain to ebay what you just learned from the people here and get your money back. Start the case and move on

krishmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
eBay is good with buyers than sellers. So start a claim process and you will get your money back. Be prepared to pay the shipping charges to send the laptop if you have already received it.

Leagueplayer119

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
Auction ended & paid on July 2. The seller refusing to communicate & talk since July 2nd (Thursday last week), and the weekend is a busy 4th of July, I sent a return request. The message for ebay to get involved :

"We'll send you an email when the seller responds to your request. If you have not agreed on a solution or the seller has not responded by Jul 09, 2015, you can ask us to step in and help.

If you and your seller need more time to work things out, your request will stay open until Aug 17, 2015."

It's Monday now, she still refusing to communicate, didn't bother to confirm payment went through, last we spoke complained about not receiving payment, but will send item anyways... I bet. I have to wait til a few more days July 9 to ask ebay to step in.

If she was a good person with morals, she would have great communication & refund the money, NOT send the item out. Solve the problem right then & there.

I will tell the ebay rep, it is SND (Significantly not described) on July 9

Last edited:

wct097

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2010
One of several reasons I would never buy an expensive item on eBay. eBay and Paypal favor scammers over victims and I want no part of it.

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
One of several reasons I would never buy an expensive item on eBay. eBay and Paypal favor scammers over victims and I want no part of it.

You are wrong about eBay/PayPal today.
They usually side with buyers - as a result there are more buying scams than selling scams.
That Is the reason I have stopped selling on eBay.
The OP will get his money back but will take some time.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013

... speaks the voice of inexperience. This is so wrong I don't know where to start.

SuperNova2150

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2015
Is this thread ****ing serious? Look at the picture which clearly shows a MBP with an optical drive. Another pic shows an Ethernet port. Yeah, definitely not Retina!

Should've been a red flag NOT to purchase as Retina models do NOT have optical drives or Ethernet ports! Now you want your money back because of your stupidity? What a crock!

Reactions: 0928001
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.