Bought a new house. Now here comes the stress

Discussion in 'Community' started by joetronic, Jan 19, 2005.

1. joetronic macrumors 6502

I have some good news everyone. My wife and I bought a new house. They accepted the offer last night. Now.....

I feel the ulcars brewing. We were pre-approved for well over the loan amount, but still its very stressfull. I'm waiting for the loan co. to call me back as I type.

I know no one probably cares. I just need to do something to calm me down while I wait. The big stress comes from my speech impediment, and talking on the phone is always a adventure when the other person has no idea what is going on.

Joe

2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

congrats on the house! best of luck with the loan. is the a first house?

3. iGav macrumors G3

I'd love to be able to afford to buy a house :(, but the way the market is here at the moment you'd either have to be so loaded that you can afford to take the hit when the crash comes, not be the sharpest tool in the box and believe that house prices will continue to rise or want to live north of Watford... heheheh :p

I wouldn't stress about the loan, surely if you've been approved for an amount exceeding what you want to borrow then everything should be dandy with a lesser amount.

4. joetronic thread starter macrumors 6502

Its our second house, but the one we are in now was only temporary. Now we are moving into the one that we should be living in for a long time to come. Also, I get to leave this horriable place called Carroll County MD. :p Well not for godd, we still both work here, but at least we get to leave at the end of the day.

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i grew up in harford country- what county are you moving to now? why dont you like carrol?

6. joetronic thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm moving to New Oxford PA, Adams County.

I never really liked Carroll, ever since I moved here from Canton/B'more when I was younger. Also, trying to buy a house in Carroll County, let alone anywhere in MD is f'n nuts.

7. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Congrats on the new house! It's always scary buying something that expensive. We upgraded from our first house to hopefully our "long term" house in October.

Best wishes! :)

8. Blackstealth macrumors regular

Nowt wrong with living north of Watford, house prices up here are almost as extortionate as they are down south. There's plenty of £1m apartments in the centre of Leeds, and a few at £600,000 in the centre of Bradford. And don't get me started on local barn conversions selling at £750,000... :mad:

9. iGav macrumors G3

Nothing like a little stirring to wake things up a bit... heheheh.

House prices are silly all over the place, they're falling in parts of London so that'll eventually resonate to the rest of the country as usual and then hopefully we'll see the end of the 'up and coming' saying. heheh

Have to admit though, I just have no sympathy for people who have borrowed way beyond their means to get on to the ladder and even less for the people that stupidly believe that the market will continue to see similar rises in the future.

I feel like voting Tory just to speed things up a little in making prices more affordable. :p

Have you seen the pads backtothemac and Mr D have bought in the states for like no money at all really. :eek:

10. cpjakes macrumors 6502

I completely understand...

My girlfriend and I just bought a house, we've been there for about three months but actually bought it at the end of August. It is scary, much more responsibility at this point. Ours is a double, so we've got an apartment to rent that we've been working on but need to rent out soon...

Best of luck!

cpjakes

11. joetronic thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all the good luck wishes. :D

Did I mention that the historic square of this town is less than a block away, and has 6 taverns and pubs :eek: :p