Bought a new Imac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jimbo110, Dec 9, 2006.

1. jimbo110 macrumors member

Bought a iMac 24" on apple's christmas sale. With .mac and a printer. Actually the printer was for a christmas present. Apple got a great deal if I bought a mac with a printer.

Just got a e-mail now from apple: "The demand for the product you ordered has been higher than anticipated" and it's delayed until 21st of december but will be delivered on the 3rd of january 2007. Which is really close to the macworld.

Now what do you recommend me to do? As you might notice my christmas present will be delivered i january. And what if apple upgrade the mac to the macworld...I'm really confused:confused:

2. McGarvels macrumors 6502

McGarvels

Well, you can still cancel the order since it has not shipped yet. Additionally, you can always return the computer (within the 14 day limit) if it ends up that the iMac line is updated at macworld. However, I don't believe we will see an update to the iMac line this january seeing as they were just updated in september, maybe this upcoming spring but not at macworld. enjoy the computer and sorry it won't come until after christmas.

Cheers

3. Neonguy macrumors 6502

Bummer that sucks. What did you put on there to make it delay that long?

4. jimbo110 thread starter macrumors member

5. Neonguy macrumors 6502

iMac are a pain to upgrade because you have to open everything up, which probably why it's taking so long. But I'm surprised it delay that long, Apple need to speed this kind of thing up. Waiting for a Mac you have already order is painful.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^Well it IS the holiday shopping season. Every company suffers the same problems like this when it comes to BTO options.

And if we see any update, it won't be because of MWSF. It'll just be a slight speed bump that may give you like 4% performance boost or so. Don't worry about it and enjoy your new Mac.

And if I were you, I'd get the stock machine and add in my own RAM from OWC or NewEgg. It'll be cheaper, and you may get your machine before Xmas.

7. paintballer macrumors regular

Well I think they just put the different parts in them when they are building them. It wouldn't make much sense if they built them and then took them back apart and replaced parts.

8. jimbo110 thread starter macrumors member

Thank everyone for the great replies. Anyway I will be a terrific start of the new year with a new iMAC:) The only sad thing my christmas present won't be here for christmas:rolleyes: