Bought a PS3

Discussion in 'Games' started by Shacklebolt, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Shacklebolt macrumors 6502a

Sep 2, 2004
    ... that is all. Bought a few accessories, A KNIGHTS TALE ON BLU-RAY (woot), and got a 26" HDTV to play it on.

That said, I really like my 360. Really really. Over the next few months, I will let you guys know what I think of 'em both. I expect Blu-Ray and HD-DVD to look exactly the same, but I might be surprised. I expect to miss the rumble. I'm curious to see how R:FoM compares to GoW. Who knows; maybe in 6 months I'll be back to my PS2, DDRing away, wondering why there's no hyper-awesome PS3 DDR. Any way I slice it, I can always use the PS3 just as a Blu-Ray player.
  2. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    I love my 360 & wii, but will pick up a PS3 anyway too.

I'm hoping there are some more titles available when it launches in March here, otherwise I may just wait until the likes of Motorstorm & Warhawk are actually available.

I doubt you will be able to tell the difference between BluRay or HD-DVD either. :)

Enjoy your console.
  3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Jun 29, 2006
    If you'd like, join the MR Resistance clan. Ask Ed H to send you an invite to it. :)
  4. gkarris macrumors 604

Dec 31, 2004
    "No escape from Reality..."
    Can you tell the difference between DVD and Bluray movies on your set?

Sony has "Knights Tale" as a demo on their Bluray player, showing the difference between DVD and Bluray. I ran home and watched my Superbit copy and it looks much better than the DVD and is closer to the Bluray...
  5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    Yea, post your PSN ID in the thread or send me a PM with your PSN id and ill add ya.

The more the merrier :)

6. darkwing macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2004
    Yes, and add me to your friends list! I'm "klystron" as in microwave amplifier tubes. :cool: