Bought an app on iPhone move it onto iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NiroshanMan, Jul 25, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

So i bought an app on my iPhone, how do i move it onto my iTunes library? Because what happens if accidently delete the app on my iPhone is there a way of retrieving the app without paying again? Does this go for music and movies too?

2. macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Sync your iPhone with iTunes and it will give you a prompt about apps being installed on the iPhone that don't exist in iTunes. Click transfer and it will copy the app from the iPhone to iTunes.

The same goes for purchases from the iTunes store on the iPhone itself.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

What if i deleted a song i bought on iTunes is there any way to get it back since i already bought it?

4. macrumors 65816

soberbrain

If it doesn't automatically sync after you plug in the iPhone, select the iPhone under Devices and click File -> Transfer Purchases

5. macrumors newbie

Solved

SOLVED...

Sorry for digging up this old post, but it applies to my problem. I've been unable to get apps purchased via my iPhone to sync up with iTunes. I've tried to Transfer Purchases and syncing applications under the applications tab for my device. I've also tried this on two different PCs, both having the same result. I see the applications installed on my phone (3Gs/3.1.2) but no apps are listed in the list on the left and no amount of syncing, attempting to delete apps, etc. has helped.

Edit: OK, so I just now bought an app through iTunes app store and it shows up in my applications list, but the ones purchased via the phone still do not show up in the list.

Edit 2: When trying to move the newly purchased app to my iPhone from iTunes it warned me about not being on an authorized computer. Authorized and all apps transferred over.