Bought an ibook, now waiting...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by bellis1, Dec 14, 2004.

1. bellis1 macrumors 6502

Feb 9, 2003
    I used to own a 17" powerbook but had it stolen while working abroad. I knew I wouldn't be working abroad for sometime so I had replaced it with an iMac g5 20". However, I recently ordered a 12" ibook because I realized I still need some portability especially since I will be leaving the office for a few weeks in just a couple days. I think it will be a nice combo especially since combined it costs about the same as my old powerbook. Now I am just waiting on shipping and praying it makes it in time.

I actually need the computer by Dec. which time I will be leaving. I knew it would be 1-3 days before shipping and paid for 2 day shipping. Ordered on the 9th (3+2=5) gives me the 14th but forgetting about the weekend that could make it as late as the 16th. Too bad I leave that morning.

Any chance it will make it?
  2. bellis1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 9, 2003
    now shipped.

Finally shipped on the 14th (5 days after purchase, which included the weekend). Now if the 2 day shipping actually comes through I might make it by the 16th. Unfortunately, it isn't being mailed from within the U.S.and the estimated delivery date is now Dec 20th. Status thus far:

Dec 14th, 2004

2:00pm Pickup Status: Taoyuan City TW

2:25pm Left Fedex Origin: Taoyuan City TW

4:02pm Arrived Fedec Ramp: Ta Yuan Hsiang TW

8:34pm Left FedEx Ramp: C.K.S. Intl Airport TW

*(it's only 10:47am Dec 14th right now at the time I checked the above status. Do I get a heap of additional hours in my race due to the time difference? Still holding out hope.)
  3. Gee macrumors 65816

Feb 27, 2004
    London, UK
    Taiwan is the other side of the international dateline, so in theory you should get a day back for that ;-)
  4. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!
    Interesting, I just ordered a 12" iBook (BTO) on 12/11 (Friday), and it arrived this morning (Tuesday). But I didn't pay for any expedited shipping, just Apple's standard free shipping. And FedEx's tracking said it was scheduled to arrive on Thursday! So it arrived two days early.

Needless to say I'm chomping at the bit to get home and see her... :D

Good luck with yours, I would think that it would arrive before you leave since you paid for expedited shipping, but who knows... :confused:
  5. maya macrumors 68040

Oct 7, 2004
    somewhere between here and there.

Oh I cannot wait anymore, the wait is killing me. :(
  6. bellis1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Feb 9, 2003
    My ibook is in the US

Dec 15, 2004 1:27am Arrived at Sort Facility Indianapolis IN
  7. rstroud macrumors regular

Mar 22, 2004
    Indy huh? Where do you live? Sorry about the pb, but congrats on the new iBook! (And iMac!)
  8. Titchski macrumors newbie

Jul 22, 2004
    Mine arrived at the sort facility yesterday, and is in my grubby little mitts today, well, they aren't grubby, I made sure I washed them in boiling hot soapy water prior to touching it! Anyhow, it was supposed to be turning up on Friday so I got it two days earlier than planned

With luck, you'll have yours tomorrow before you leave town! :)