Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Androidfan1x

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2012
i bought my ipod touch 5 at best buy, if within a year it has problems and i need apple to repair it under warranty, will they do it? if so will i have to bring the best buy receipt or something?

i ask because my brother got his ipad 3 in march from apple and recently had touch screen issue, he went to apple store and they gave him a new one without asking questions, pretty good customer service, but what about me? because i bought at best buy store

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
go to apple warranty site and register your product serial, validate your purchased date and you will get exact info of your warranty period.

However, if you dont do so (i guess most people dont bother) apple will somehow have the product purchase date from reseller anyway and your warranty period should be 1 year. Still, couldn't hurt keeping the receipt for safety sake.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
go to apple warranty site and register your product serial, validate your purchased date and you will get exact info of your warranty period.

However, if you dont do so (i guess most people dont bother) apple will somehow have the product purchase date from reseller anyway and your warranty period should be 1 year. Still, couldn't hurt keeping the receipt for safety sake.

When you first set up your Touch in iTunes, the warranty info should be automatically sent to Apple. In any case, I also keep the receipts no matter where I buy electronics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.