bought my girlfriend a 12" super last night...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by tekmoe, Aug 4, 2005.

1. tekmoe macrumors 68000

when i arrived at her house, i made her close her eyes and turn around. then i gave a little speech about how much i love her, and that what i had just bought her should give her many years of joy and excitement. i also made a little comment that it could help her get thru college so she can get a degree and make us rich, and i can become a stay-home dad. then i laughed. heh

i said "ok, turn around and open your eyes!" much to my dismay, she was actually disappointed with me in the fact that i would spend so much on her. she kept saying to take it back but i insisted it was hers to keep. after an hour of debating, she finally came to reason. i asked "are you ready to open it yet?" (i was probably more excited than she was.) "yes," she replied. i opened the box for her, lifted up the "Designed by Apple in California" white label very carefully, pulled out the power supply, and then raised the top of the eggshell carton...low and beholod, the beautiful 12".

we plugged it in, and i let her boot it up.

"dddddoooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggg". pure ecstasy.

and the rest is history.

glad i got to share that with all of you. i enjoyed it. now if i only had my 15" with me right now... =/

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

congrats ...

i love it when i get a new Apple and to hear that DOOOONNNG is just pure cool

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Two awards here.

1. Dirtiest title of the day award.

2. Most sexually insinuating post of the day.

Congratulations on both the awards and the new 12 inches of pleasure. :p

4. Yossarian macrumors member

A very romantic tale ;)

On the subject of the DOOOONNNG - its so rubbish on laptops! I had my ibook connected to some external speakers last night and rebooting it didn't produce a DOOOONNNG, it produced a DOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG with a bit of WWWWHHHHUURRRRRRRMMMMMMM thrown in there. A much richer tone. Even the old Powerman 6100 i used at school had a nicer chime.

5. Jedda macrumors regular

Jedda

Congrats!

When she realises what an amazing thing that is, you'll be popular.

As for the doooooong, I love it when i forget to turn my speakers down after playing my Playstation, and then turn on my mac. I get a sound loud enough, it actually rattles the pictures on my walls.

6. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

LOL i've done that - i forgot that it was still connected to my Stereo and turned up REAL LOUD - turned my mac on and DOOONNNG next thing i heard was a scream and a smash , so i rushed next door to find my mrs picking up my Dinner from the floor

funny but i went hungary that night :)

7. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

8. joey4127 macrumors 6502

joey4127

9. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

i've been dating this girl for over 3 years.

yes, it is a powerbook. got it at the apple store last night.

10. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

i got my girl a engagement ring at 3 years - it was cheaper then a Powerbook mind BUT the running costs are a nightmare

11. dcv macrumors G3

LOL she was probably expecting you to get down on one knee and present her with a much smaller box after that speech!! ;)

12. iGary Guest

iGary

Turned me on. :eek:

13. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Seriously!!! I bet that was the "real" reason she was disappointed at first.:p Man, if my bf had gotten my PB for me... oh boy, whew. Yes, let's not go there. Let's just leave it at, I would be very grateful indeed.;)

14. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Was it really cheaper than a PB? I was under the impression that engagement rings were really up there in price. Hee, or maybe just the ones I eye. :eek:

15. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    My girlfriend got me a Coffee maker for my birthday today. I think you might of out done her, what are my chances she'd take it back and get me a new 12"?

16. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

:eek: :eek:

17. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Thanks for sharing! ;)

18. Lau Guest

Depends on one's boyfriend I think. The lovely Elizabeth Duke selection at my local Argos has a fine selection, starting at £12.95.... :eek: :D

Attached Files:

19. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

*blinking in shock* Just to save myself from a heart attack, I will verify-- you are joking, correct?! :eek:

20. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I got my gf a powermac at 3 years (well, at her birthday, which was near the 3 year mark). Not the best decision I've ever made... :eek:

21. Lau Guest

I am sorry to say I'm not. :eek: The Elizabeth Duke selection of jewellery has a fine reputation in the UK for offering a varied, yet competitively priced range of tasteful jewellery. ;) Ask any of the Brits on here. They'll tell you. :D

It also offers more unusual trinkets such as these:

[​IMG][​IMG]

And you can order it all out of a catalogue, and someone collects it out of the warehouse. It's so romantic.... :p

22. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Yes, that looks like the one for me. Geeze, she is terrifying! She looks like something to be used for VooDoo or something!

23. narco macrumors 65816

narco

Jesus Christ, I haven't laughed this hard in ages. The funny thing is, I believe all the sexual innuendoes were all unintentional. But seriously, "dooonnnngggg" -- I have never heard anyone say the chime like that.

Fishes,
    narco.

24. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Hilarious

25. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

Return that vibrator and buy her something more useful, like a laptop. :cool: