Bought new Lacie mini external HD 160GB!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ajampam, Aug 21, 2005.

1. ajampam macrumors regular

ajampam

Just bought a new 160gig external HD from lacie...it is the mac mini fitting one, but I picked that one ahead of the extreme, coz the speed was the same and it was WAY smaller for me to lug around everywhere that the normal one......just wanted to share!!!

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

awesome i just picked up today a LaCie 250GB - d2 Hard Drive Extreme with Triple Interface :cool:

3. sambo. macrumors regular

sambo.

hmm, nice :eek:

4. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Ye those Hard Drives which slot under the mini are amazing looking and are quite reasonable in terms of price, i was surprised when i saw how much they costed as i expected them to be overpriced....

ANyways tell us how it is, all working fine i hope...

SHadOW

5. the future macrumors 6502a

Yeah, tell us a little more, please! Are they quiet? How do they look underneath the mini? Maybe you could take some pictures?

6. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

look at his sig & his message... he has no mini, just bought it because of the size ;-)
    and since he has no FW800 there is no reason to go the Extreme way...

7. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

8. ajampam thread starter macrumors regular

ajampam

Working wonderfully!!! It took me less than 10 mins to backup about 20gig of data onto it....today I will be placing another 40gig of songs onto it.....the coolest thing about them is the noiselessness and after using it for more than 3 hrs, there was absolutely no heating!!!!! I mean it was really cool and all that....I have some older 80gig HDs given to me for work, those can really make you know that they are HDs.....I am pretty happy with it......hope it serves me well and keeps my mind at peace as I can comfortably backup things for myself and not worry.... :D

9. ajampam thread starter macrumors regular

ajampam

At work rght now, but will take some and post for you guys to see.....Thanks guys for all the good wishes and shared happiness....this is one thing I love about MR....we all get all happy to hear about others aquisitions....way cool!!!!

10. jonat8 macrumors regular

After buying a bad "no name" hard drive which didn't work properly, I decided to get an FA Porsche designed Lacie 200Gb one which arrived today. Looks v. smart, fits under my monitor nicely and works a treat. Would definately buy another one when the time comes (from what I can it looks like they stack nicely).