Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
Well I didn't but my best friend just bought a new PowerMac G5 for $2500 and a display for $1500 last Saturday. Well i'm telling him to go back to the store and exchange his PM G5 for the latest one and get a $200 credit. His answer, "Nah they won't do it"

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh won't they do this? I didn't even drop the cash (he actually brought $100 bills to pay for it) and its bothering ME! :rolleyes:

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
On the display, they might just refund him the difference. $200 less now. Right?

On the Powermac, more complicated. I'm not sure they have any yet? Furthermore, it stayed the same price, so he might have to pay the restocking fee, and then buy the new one. Of course, he could put the $200 he gets back on the display towards that.

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
i even called the store and no they don't have the new PMs yet. Not till next WED they said but still, my friend should really inquire about it. I think he's just happy that he finally got a PowerMac G5. Definitly should get the $200 back though...

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
It happens everytime.
I personally know 3 people that finally ordered a Mac and with in a week of delivered a new one model was released.

As long as he is happy, don't push him. He might get bitter.

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
he got his credit back on the display and took us all out to dinner, :D cool friend. they told him that when they get the new PM's in he may exchange it but a restocking fee will apply. He said that is fine and will pay it. If he didn't set the thing up he would have been golden but he already ripped it out of the box and plugged it in, etc... oh well, he's happy. We all hung out at his apt. and watched i awe at what the PowerMac could do with video editing (something he does). Lucky guy.

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
Cool. Nice of him to take you out to dinner.

Any clue how much the restocking fee will be?

I'm sure his old machine will be in the refirb store with in a week...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.