Bought the Red Speck cover, and it's junk (or is it?)...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BII, Nov 9, 2006.

1. BII macrumors member

I bought one last night for my core duo MBP, and when I flip the laptop open it pushes the edge of the bottom piece of the speck cover down. It simply doesn't work, I took it off and tried to put it on again, same deal.

Oh, well, I guess I'm going to get sleeve instead.

2. eb6 macrumors regular

3. josta macrumors member

I'm very interested in trying one of these when they come out for the c2d mpbs late november. Did you find one at a reseller? Or did you order yours online. I'd like to find one in an actual physical store so if I decide to return it, it doesn't become a hassel.
    Thanks! :)

4. BII thread starter macrumors member

bought it at the apple store

5. sierra oscar macrumors 6502

BII: I didn't think Speck made a C2D MBP cover yet? I know they just released a CD version - but due to the ever so slight differences in the upgrade (ports, vents etc) they are yet to release one? Maybe that is why it isn't a good fit?

Edit: misread your post - sorry - you did state you have a Core Duo - disregard

6. w8ing4intelmacs macrumors 6502a

at the risk of sounding antagonistic (i don't mean to be), you should post pics. otherwise, we're left to thinking that you don't know how to follow directions.

7. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

is that Speck product that like hard clear case? it looks pretty nasty/stupid to me