Bowl Game Discussions

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Backtothemac, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, it is nearly that time of year again. The greatest time in sports to me anyway.

Where is your team going, who are they playing, and how do you feel about it.

As for me, Bama is going to the Cotton Bowl, and Tennessee is going to the Home for the Holidays Bowl, so I am happy about that. :)

Roll Tide!

2. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Notre Dame or Penn State, but especially the Irish. If they're playing each other, it's definitely Notre Dame.

Would have made one hell of a great Fiesta Bowl, but instead Penn State got kinda ripped off (No.3 vs. No.22?).

Even though I usually pull for the underdog, I hate all things Texas, so I gotta go for USC in the Rose (and according to the BCS computers they are the underdog).

3. Backtothemac thread starter macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Yea I was hoping for an Alabama Notre Dame Fiesta bowl. That would have rocked. Alas, Bama's depth got exposed the last couple of games, and we are Texas bound. Since you hate all things texas am I to assume that you will be routing for Alabama?

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Booo, hiss..... rubbish...

After a few glorious years of NASN (North American Sports Network based in Europe) showing virtually all the Bowl games, they've lost their contract with ESPN/ABC so it doesn't look like I'll see any of them... :mad:

I'm hoping they manage to get something sorted out before the National Championship game... that looks like it will be a doozy.

5. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Yeah, I'm with you on that game. Alabama really blew a tire there coming down the stretch.

I just whipped my schedule list out and man, there are a lot of really solid non-BCS matchups this year. LSU-Miami will be an absolutely awesome matchup and Louisville-VA Tech looks solid too.