Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
kingjr3 said:
As promised - just got home after ANOTHER AWESOME BOWLING NIGHT! :eek: :eek: :D

Games were 257, 278, 237 for a 772 series. The second game was very close to perfect...I hate to say it.....AGAIN. A career high series for me and also a clean night (all spares and strikes) - a feat I have only accomplished once before.

Updated stats.
9 games
2257 Series (250 average)
78 Strikes!!! (possible 108) = strike percentage of 72% :eek:

I am really on a tear and loving it. I have raised my average almost 6 pins in three weeks, which is quite hard to do when you are 30 weeks into the season. Current average is just over 207 and tonight was the last night toward statistics, so I will have to wait til next year. :(

Thanks all for your encouragement, it really meant a lot. :)

Until next season.............

There must be something about April! I am repeating the lights out performance of 2005!

This past Wed, shot 277,257,256 for a 790 series...A new career high. Longest string was 12 strikes in a row across two games. Last week I had an easy shot at 700 only to throw two opens in the last two frames for a 695 series, but had 14 in a row across two games.

Last two weeks...2006

6 games
1485 series
51 strikes / 72 = strike percentage of 71%

One last week in the season, we are in the finals after missing last year...I'll update for those who care.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
I went bowling on Wednesday night, and was very, very pleased with my score of 114. I see, however, I've got to put a lot of practice in before I reach your level of proficiency, kingjr3.

Problem is, I'm currently nursing a sore thigh – I've somehow managed to tighten up my hamstring with my audacious bowling technique. I think it'll be a while before I return to the lanes... :eek:

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Wow.. that must have been a lot of pressure not to **** up and throw the ball just a little skewed! And he just wanted to beat his wife. :) I can't even imagine howlong it would take me to bowl 900. At least 9 games I bet.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Jaffa Cake said:
Problem is, I'm currently nursing a sore thigh – I've somehow managed to tighten up my hamstring with my audacious bowling technique. I think it'll be a while before I return to the lanes... :eek:

that happens to me sometimes too. i think it's cause i ram the ball into the back of my thigh when i try to go tweener.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
jelloshotsrule said:
that happens to me sometimes too. i think it's cause i ram the ball into the back of my thigh when i try to go tweener.
Glad to see it's not just me then! Although no contact was made twixt ball and thigh, I think it's the odd way I throw myself towards the lane that contributed towards my injury.

Still, I'm getting Miss Jaffa Cake to rub my injured thigh down with Deep Heat each evening, so it's not all bad. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.