Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netdog

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
London
I know that using Boxee, I can watch networked rips of my DVDs, but can I watch any of the stream channels off the Internet in the Boxee menu or are they all US only?

OldGuyDave

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2008
Just try it. :confused:
I'm in Germany when I try to stream the Serials or movies in Boxee I just get a "Not possible outside the U.S." But in Germany you can't even rent movies from iTunes.

crosby1991

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2008
only HULU and CBS are the ones restricted to the US(you can always try and find ways to circumvent this hotspot shield ,US proxy servers etc) there are plenty of other channels (Comedy Central,My spaceTV,Video podcasts ,On networks etc..) plus they are always adding more content to other geographical locations..

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
only HULU and CBS are the ones restricted to the US(you can always try and find ways to circumvent this hotspot shield ,US proxy servers etc) there are plenty of other channels (Comedy Central,My spaceTV,Video podcasts ,On networks etc..) plus they are always adding more content to other geographical locations..

How would you go about using hulu on boxee with a proxy? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I haven't used it yet. Thanks.

Shoesy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2007
Colchester, UK.
How would you go about using hulu on boxee with a proxy? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I haven't used it yet. Thanks.

Unfortunately you need more than a normal proxy to get round hulu's geo protection- it can be done on the desktop (apparently) but I dont hold out much hope on Appletv.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.