Boy Charged With Threatening School With Zombie Invasion

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by greatdevourer, Sep 25, 2005.

1. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

since when does writing a fictional story, not naming names, about something so farfetched and ridiculous constitute a felony? ****ing retarded...

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Someone arrest Steven King, he wants to trash the whole world with a superbug.... That's a WMD, quick invade Maine!!!

Better grab Tolkien too, that Rings rubbish is clearly a thinly veiled plot to march on Washington (Mordor? My arse....) :rolleyes:

The law is an ass.

3. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Plans so intricately detailed that the only thing they lack is...well...all of the details.

:rolleyes:

I don't even know where to start.... this is so wrong.

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

it just occured to me: how the hell is this not a blatant violation of the first amendment?

5. yenko macrumors 6502a

You see.............we're all safe now. Homeland Security in action. :p

Why is this look like something that happened before in history......you know.....like the Salem Witch Trials, Hitler's rise to power, Stalin's paranoia, The Inquisition.:mad:

Have I gone too far......... :eek:

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Stupidity.

It's coming thick and fast nowadays.

The world leaders need to pull out of all foreign countries and instead wage an internal "war on stupidity" to rout out intolerance, fear, hate, ignorance and apathy.

How on earth can you be charged for telling a story about something that simply does not exist?

The people who had any hand in this need to have their heads smacked together - oops, hope that's not a felony, getting your heads smacked together is real enough so I might be in even more trouble than that guy.

7. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i think you're threatening the government. that's a felony. your grandpa should report you to the police. seriously, i wouldn't report my grandson to the police over something like this...

8. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I just remember that after Columbine and all those other schools who have been attacked-- we as students had to noticeably alter the language w/ which we spoke and wrote. Example, "I'm so pissed I could kill her," would be a big no-no. Or, "Just shoot me." Likewise, in the linked article it says that proclaiming an attack on a school is considered a felony in that state... and let's face it, every state has some rather 'embarrassing' or outdated laws.

9. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

your country is ****ed up, seriously what the hell.

it's fictional, jesus.

what the ****

10. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Ah yes... well, I think it's safe to say that our public education could use a reform. ;)

11. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

i did not read the article/link. so tell me, which school was it? Hogwarts? (fyi, Hogwarts is the school Harry Potter goes to).

12. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

13. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I am just so damn proud to be an American. I feel a bit safer now but will feel truly safe only when we are all (except for the benevolent police officers, ministers, and politicians) politely forced to spend our days chained and shackled for our own safety. I hope that the corrupt school system will eventually learn that literacy is a true threat to our well-being and will stop teaching us how to read and write. Original thought is bad for us.

I just want to be told what to do and how to think. And I hope they use small words or maybe pictures. I know how Islamic civilization used to be the premier source of scientific advancement in the world a thousand years ago (and it pains me that I know such things, 'cause those big words hurt my brain). But then they figured things out and went all fundamental and look how happy they all are now. I can only hope God-Bless-America follows in their footsteps.

14. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Double-plus-ungood!!!

15. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Can not believe that the kid got arrested! :eek:

Heres a rumor: imminent invasion by martians at a local elementary school.......oops, the cops are at my door, gotta run. ;) :rolleyes:

16. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

when i was in HS, i once had a classmate write a series of violent poems about killing and torturing me for being gay, which he read aloud in class, and my friend and i got in trouble for walking out in protest. He never got in any trouble which pissed me off (this was post-columbine). Then **** like this happens and it pisses me off even more. Use some freaking intelligence, school administrators... :mad:

17. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

"for my 807th book...uh...THE LAMP MONSTER!!!"

18. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Oh, no, you don't understand. It's OK to talk about killing sinners. And heathens. And anyone not like us in any way. But, other than that, it's bad.

Idiots. :mad:

19. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

20. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

It's frustrating that Orwell prophesied this kind of nonsensical policing back in 1949 and, in 56 years, no one seems to have taken heed :mad:

*sigh* At least there are still some sane people left:

21. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I think the rampaging zombie hordes will be going a little hungry in Kentucky...

22. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Heh... this could be straight out of The Onion or BBspot.

Too silly.

23. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

That would be like Steve Jobs using Windows :rolleyes:

I liked this
    I mean, attempted murder requires an action, but attempted threatening? Do you stop mid-sentence? :confused:

24. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

This makes me want to vomit. I'm glad you don't have to see that ****** any more ("when I was" past tense.. unless he's flipping your burgers.)

This zombie thing is a load of bull, too.
    "hoohoo! I'm gonna raise the dead and have it eat someone!!11!" blarf. Where's canada? I'm done with US educational system.