boy do i have VPN issues

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by uhlawboi80, Sep 14, 2002.

1. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

ok, i am running 10.2 just so everyone knows. i TRIED to install Ciscos VPN client software (3.5.2), but when i get to the final step (the instructions say to type: ./CiscoVPN restart /etc/CiscoSystemsVPNClient/Profiles/UHVPN.pcf) and rather than finishing the install it says this:

Configuring Cisco Systems VPN resources.
    ./CiscoVPN: kmodstat: command not found
    Restarting Cisco Systems IPSec NKE extension...
    ==> Loading Cisco Systems IPSec NKE...
    ./CiscoVPN: kmodload: command not found
    ./CiscoVPN: kmodstat: command not found
    Unable to restart IPSec NKE.

i have no idea what this means and i was going to try to uninstall it and load a newer VPN client because i have been told that this 3.5.2 wont run on 10.2. well i tried to uininstall it...and it tells me that the uninstall files cant be found....anyone have ANY idea how to get past this? or better yet! does anyone know if i can just use the PPTP in 10.2 to connect instead? and if so ...HOW?

as always, any possible help would be beyond appreciated!!

2. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

It just doesnt work

There should be an uninstaller script in the tar file you have. That should work for you. As for a Working clinent... you will have to wait till Nov... or at least that is what I here. There are several of us here that have been trying to get it to work wit little sucess. One guy did say it worked but he didnt know what he did or why it did. Cisco and Apple both say... it does not work with OS 10.2

3. uhlawboi80 thread starter macrumors 6502

i heard that 3.6.1 was released and that it works or SHOULD work...but i havent found it listed for Macs...and tommorow i am gonna see if the PPTP will work on the system though i have my doubts...GRRRRRR bad mac, and VERY BAD Cisco...these things shouldnt be happening! i shall cuff them smartly bout the head and face next time i see them.....uh, yeah

4. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

3.6.1 is out for Mac.. but it does not work with OS 10.2. Some people have said that they have seen it work... but dont know how they got it to work... and it stopped after a while. Cisco and Apple both say that 3.6.1 does not work with 10.2... we will just have to wait.

-evildead