boy kills dad

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by virividox, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

While the boy is obviously in deep doo-doo, the father better have done some horrible things to deserve death. I used to hope that my father would die, too, but I wouldn't have actually carried out an act, even at young age of 10. :(

(man, we need a WTF!? smiley reeeeally badly. Could have used it just now.)

2. sonyrules macrumors regular

The Mother is probley going to get the worst end of this because its her gun, and she held no responcibility to keep it out of reach of the child. I have no idea what would posses a child to do that.. He must of have done something to make him mad

3. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Janey's Got a Gun?

The mom's going to be in trouble. The kid? who knows. One that young may end up only getting lots of therapy.

4. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

I can imagine there will be a lot of examination into whether the mother was engendering a deep hatred for the father into her boys. I guess the dad could have done something bad enough to cause the fragile psyche of a ten year old to snap, but I would guess prosecutors could make a case for the mother prompting her son toward murder. Just terrible any way you look at it, though.

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That's just sad. Not much to say in the article, though. And the ongoing family dispute seems to indicate that there's been a lot more going on. It might not just be the mom's fault there....

D

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Just beyond sad, a real tragedy. It seems that there has been a real cry for help. Now two lives have been lost. A very troubled 10 year old boy, only he knows the real reason. Children now grow up at such a young age. :(

7. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

9. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Um... what?!?

10. aus_dave macrumors regular

I saw 'Bowling for Columbine' for the first time the other day. To me it just further reinforces the messages from that movie.

Irresponsible people + firearms + kids = tragedy

11. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

I think he is referring to the Rick James on the Chappelle show. (a racist show by the way)

The only time I remember Rick James on the show was when James was in a pimped out SUV, he then drove up next to a bunch of other pimps on the street, James then yells 'I'm Rick James biatch!' He then proceeds to shoot all the pimps on the street with something like an AK-47, AK-74, or an AK-M. Then speeds off.

But I hope he isn't referring to the singer. Sadly, most people I know who have heard of Rick James think of him driving off in a SUV (with the spiny rims I might add) while yelling 'Rick James biatch'. :(

12. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i think we've all wanted to kill our dads at one time or another; the difference between the crazy ones and the normal ones is doing it.

13. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Its anti-racist, incase you didn't notice.
    The man's name in the article was rick james.
    The clip you refer to was actually wayne brady, and he volentered, as did rick james, to be on the show. It was damn funny too.

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

A friend of mine, who I haven't seen for years, killed his dad at 10 years old. The dad was extremely abusive and Danny described it as something to stop all the beatings everyone in the family endured. I wasn't there when it happened but I believe that, sometimes, it's the only thing that works.

I just hope for this instance that the truth comes out and justice is served properly.

15. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

I feel like even a 10 year old kid definitely knows that shooting and killing someone is a really big deal, so he really should get something considerably more than massive amounts of therapy...
    As for the possibility that the poster above gives, that the father was beating everyone else in the family and the child felt that killing him was the only way to help everyone, I feel that it would be far easier to call the police, or... I don't know, whoever you call for abusive people, and get a restraining order against the dad. However, I really shouldn't talk, as I have never had an abusive parent, or even been really close to anyone with a very abusive parent.

16. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

I wouldn't characterize the ability to shoot someone as being "grown up".

What gets me about this is that the kid would have had to get his mom's gun out of the house to the SUV his dad was picking him up in, in order to have shot him through the seat. That's premeditation and planning, right there. It's not like he came across the gun and tried to play with it, with tragically unintended results, because his mom was negligent enough to leave it lying around. He figured out where she hid it, and hatched a plan to steal it so he could shoot his dad.

Or, even worse, mom gave him the gun and told him to do it.

Either way, that kid's f-ed up for life.

17. AhmedFaisal Guest

Hmm lets analyse the facts and speculate a little...

It took place in Houston, Texas, conservative white capital. Divorce, White male, professional, lots of legal firepower behind him in a divorce case. No matter what he did he will get at least partial custody due to bias on the side of the jury. I have seen that stuff happen too many times to think otherwise. Taking a gun out and shooting dad is not something a 10 year old does, not matter how much he gets talked into it by mom. My speculation is flat out, the father sexually abused the kid and probably that was one of the reasons for the divorce, however his legal firepower was big enough to prevent him from not getting custody. Kid gets molested repeatedly, figures out where the gun is and blasts the bastard finally. I'm willing to bet a considerable sum that that is about what happened her. Will he get off, maybe, depends on whether she is able to get a good lawyer and a psychiatrist that digs out the truth and that there is not too many biased, conservative white dicks on the jury.
    My 2 cents,
    Regards,

Ahmed

18. chanoc macrumors 6502

chanoc

Another boy in need of a 50 lashes with the cane! :eek:

19. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm sorry to hear about your friend bousozoku. What ended up happening to him? How is he today?

20. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

Kreeepy.... that happened just a few miles from me... :(

21. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Mm hmm. I hope by "digs out the truth" you don't mean "makes the kid think that's what happened"...