Boycott ABC

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by clevin, Sep 7, 2006.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I decide to boycott ABC and all its affiliate, starting today. :D
    this includes, the ABC TV station, ABC family, all movies produced by Disney.
    http://openlettertoabc.blogspot.com/
    this link provide the info about ABC's docudrama "path to 9/11" in which they try to blame 9/11 on Clinton administration with fabricated "facts".

2. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Why? Did I miss something?

And since Steve is the majority SH and on the Board at Disney (in addition to Pixar now being owned by Disney), while also being the head of Apple, does that mean that you will be boycotting Apple products?

And since Apple uses Intel and Samsung parts, will you be boycotting them too?

Where does the madness end?

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

4. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

well, i just do what i can, reduce their profit as much as I possibly can.
    I just hate people who lie, and ABC is going to broadcast and spread lie, well, then, I can't standard a company with no credibility.

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Care to give us some examples and explain how they are worse than any other network? Just curious. Your posts are kind of content light.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i'm still woefully ignorant as to what makes ABC worse than say FOX or CBS for example.

its not that i'm going to boycott any of them. and few people will making the 'boycott' meaningless in and of itself. but its that i can't be bothered to try and change a company who won't change.

but your reasoning behind this would be interesting to hear.

7. Queso macrumors G4

No he's not. He's the largest individual (rather than institutional) shareholder and owns around 7% of available Disney stock. Roughly 43-44% short of a majority.

God, I'm in a pedantic mood today :p

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Lol... that's pretty rich coming from the guy who swore to boycott all of NOLA over Ray Nagin's statement about NYC.

Are you boycotting jazz music? Creole food? Anything coming from the port of New Orleans?

Where does the madness end?

Pot, meet kettle.

9. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

LOL, the world is complicated, Im not spending that much time to investigate the interrelationship between all of them, If ABC want to blame 9/11 on Clinton administration with their fabricated docudrama, then I just say good bye to ABC, is that so difficult?

10. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Ah! Ok! Now we're getting somewhere. Just wanted to understand the motivation behind your boycott. I was not aware of the 9/11-Clinton thing. I'll give it a read. Thanks.

11. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I should have been clearer there. Not boycotting. Just refuse to assist or engage in activities that will activley promote the building of the segregated city Nagin wants. I still enjoy foods and other products inspired and developed by Louisiana (even NOLA) residents (I think LA is bigger than NO).

I'm sure that clevin is not boycotting the animation industry (made mainstream courtesy Disney), theme parks, etc.

I do apologize for the misstatement regarding Steve's holdings in Disney, but that doesn't change his prominence in the company.

All that being said, what did ABC do? I'm still confused.

12. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

You may want to mention the docudrama and provide some links to give others more insight into your boycott, rather than just say "I'm boycotting" and assume that everyone knows why. I had a guess as to why you were protesting but for all I knew you didn't like the fact Invasion was cancelled and decided to protest because of that. In the future when you decide to start threads like this it would help to give a detailed reason why you are doing what you are so that you don't leave everyone guessing what your motive is.

13. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

saw something about this on CNN or MSNBC (forget which) last night. They had some officials from the intelligence community talking about it, and they mostly said that the "Path to 9/11" was a bunch of hooey.

It's just election year pandering. The Republicans are trying to pin the poor intel on Clinton to draw attention away from the failures of the administration. ABC, to the utter surprise of no one, is trying to cash in on it.

When's this thing air, this Sunday evening? That's the same time as the Manning v. Manning game, right? Hmmm...coincidence, I'm sure.

14. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

and on another note, I've been no fan of ABC since they gave Bill Maher the boot. What a bunch of weasels...

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Kyle XY is on ABC family so there will be no boycotting here.

Bless

16. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ok, it just seems odd that you would mock someone who would boycott a company for offending them when you recently said "New Orleans will never see another penny from me or my family." That sounds a lot like a boycott to me, but if you say it isn't, I suppose I can't argue with that.

17. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

18. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

I agree I should have been more clear in my frustration with Nagin and the voters of NOLA. Perhaps I would have been more clear if I had stated "So long as they continue down the path of absurdity, blindly following behind Mr. Nagin, those who wish to rebuild New Orleans will never see another penny from me or my family."

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I just won't watch this movie. Unless you're a Neilson family, you won't do much good to boycott anyway. You could send an angry letter though. 1 won't mean a thing, but if thousands of others do, they could get the message.

Seems a very odd thing for the media to be doing now, since people are starting to hate the administration and their ilk more and more lately.

20. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Ah, I get it now :D linky

So... Clinton gets blamed, we have an uproar. Bush gets blamed, it goes mainstream. This is all nonsense! People need to stop using 9/11 for their own political gain. It is sick. (Goes for both sides!)

21. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

The only thing is, the right is very fond of using 9/11 both ways.

1. Back in 03, it was Al Queda = 9/11 = Iraq. This utter nonsense was used to support their agenda - the invasion of Iraq.

2. Now a few years later, when said agenda has gone all to hell, they try and use 9/11 to get them out of hot water. "See! It was all Clinton's fault!"

22. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I don't watch TV anyway, so I will boycott ABC and glow with slacktivistic prowess.

23. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

If ABC didn't have LOST, I definitely would, but for a different reason.

Last season ABC canceled two of my favorite shows. Both were new shows and neither one had a chance due to poor management at ABC.

:mad:

24. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

I'm boycotting the OP's posts as his sig gives me a headache.

25. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Let's say this film was blaming Bush for 9/11 entirely. Exact opposite of blaming Clinton. I bet every lib in the country would freak if Bush would call for a boycott like our pal Clint is doing. ;) People would be shouting conspiracy, free speech from the mountain tops.

I heard that ABC is giving in to these censorship demands and actually cutting out scenes. :eek: Do you honestly think ABC would do the same for President Bush? I don't think so.

Personally I'm not to fond of these 9/11 movies. I haven't watched one yet. Don't plan to for a while. I did see the Discovery Channel's documentary with actual commentary from people who worked in the towers. I thought that was very enlightening and worthwhile. But that's about it.