Boycott cnet.com

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by oclor, Oct 24, 2006.

1. oclor macrumors regular

I used to go on cnet.com pretty much everyday to see what's up in the world of tech. I like their reviews, except anything that has to do with apple. Everytime they talk about anything that has to do with apple, they find a way to bash them. I hate that site now and have taken it off of my bookmarks and will never go there again. I mean, check this out...

http://www.cnettv.com/9710-1_53-24190.html?tag=vid&autoplay=true#mgallery

And that's not the only thing. If you listen to their podcasts, they somehow find a way to bash apple on every single episode. Anyway, I'm just trying to get as many people to boycott this stupid people. And i hope that Molly chick gets fired, i hate her.

2. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

I think they have a bias towards and against several types of products, and I haven't taken much stock in their reviews for years. That woman in particular though, needs to be smacked. Not because of what she said about Jobs' comment, but because she's so freaking phony sounding and clearly thinks she's hilarious and witty. It looks like it was done by someone who failed out of high school theater class.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

They're all D students who didn't have a chance otherwise. :eek:

They seem to have a bias against anyone who doesn't advertise with them. It wasn't that way when they started but since they've become big, it doesn't seem to be any other way.

4. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Does that mean cnet and all of its affiliated web sites, or just cnet.com? I find download.com to be pretty handy at, well, downloading stuff.

That woman does need to be smacked. I can see where she's coming from with the "sharing earwax" thing, but I agree with everything mrogers said.

5. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Yes i saw this video too, i think in another thread somewhere.... it also made me as mad as the rest of you, that woman is so ANNOYING!

6. oclor thread starter macrumors regular

Just cnet.com. I love gamespot :)

To a previous post, Apple actually does advertise with them. i always see the get a mac ads on the right side of their site.

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Those ads are something within the last few months. C|Net has been around for more than 10 years and the corporate attitude will take time to change.

8. ericssonboi macrumors 6502

There's a reason why she'll never make it to broadcasting real news..

9. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Theyre just trying to make it like Talk Soup, but they lack real content to make fun of so the jokes just dont work. Shows like that should stick to making fun of celebrities, making fun of gadgets isnt very funny.

10. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

ooh, BURN! :D

11. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

bigrell486

This is stupid. Just because they don't like apple doesn't mean you can't like them.

Thats like not wanting to go out with a pretty girl because she doesn't smoke and you do.

12. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

That video just wasted five minutes of my life. That woman is an absolute idiot.

13. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

For me, the Apple-bashing has nothing to do with it. Her whole demeanor just... ugh.. sickens me.

14. arsenalroc macrumors newbie

apple users are crazy!!

i love reading these forum because i swear mac users are the most stuck up and pyscho users in the world. They sing praises over products that are not ALL that great i mean the new MBP is hott no doubt but you can seriously think it is the best or the most worth in the market. i love reading cnet especially when somebody writes a bad review about an apple computer- you 'people' come out in droves to discredit them. Mac users have long acted as if they are better than PC users but the bottomline is PC users outnumber Mac more than 2 to 1. Mac are great Pcs no doubt but their users seriously need to get off their high horse .
    BTW Choice magazine voted the apple Ipod as one of the worst products eve to grace this world due to thier overpriced,low quality system.:)

15. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I think you need to find yourself another forum.

16. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I do not support 'smacking' other people. However, she is probably an enticing target for those who fantasize such things.

17. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

18. mini.boss macrumors member

Wow. I have no idea how it must feel to be this insecure. There needs to be a seperate classification between the two types of mac users because people who react this are the reason we all get the reputation of being stuck up bigots. Not all of us lack a sense of humor.

19. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

I bet you think VH1 is awesome :D

20. oclor thread starter macrumors regular

It's not like I saw this and I said "that's it, no more cnet!". It's been going on for a while. Just listen to their podcasts. I've listened to like 6 of them and in everyone they find a new way to bash apple. They have a so called "mac-person" there that is supposed to be all about apple. She seems to diss apple even more than the rest.

21. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Molly doesn't bother me. I make fun of the same things she does.

22. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

I love Molly - i have to admit it. Although it's just all so fake acting there's something there about her whit which I love. She got the Steve comments wrong and you can tell she obviously is single or has the most unromantic geek boyfriend because what Steve said to do (to take earphone and offer it to a girl) is a million times more romantic than sending it wirelessly. I mean, can you imagine. Girl other side of Cafe... and she receives this microsoft-esque message telling her to accept the music or else. She's gunna freak and think... who the hell!?!

I've read/watched CNet for many years now but I have to agree the Apple bashing has gone from very little to OTT in the last year. But we must remember, all publicity is good publicity!

23. macman2790 macrumors 6502a

macman2790

she thinks shes funny, although she just sounds like an idiot

24. Exist2Inspire macrumors member

25. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Just because something is popular doesn't mean that its good, I've used both windows and macs for almost my whole life and I can honestly say Windows is terrible. Apple beats Microsoft in almost every category except quite possibly gaming and business, but if Access comes out for OS X Windows won't have much of an edge in business in my mind.

Your logic also slightly contradicts itself, you proceed to say how PC users outnumber Mac users and that makes PCs so great, but you then basically say that the iPod sucks, using your original logic the iPod should be considered great because iPod users outnumber the nearest competitior by much much more than 2 to 1.

Get over it, iPods are the defining technological device of a large portion of a generation and perhaps the most reconizable thing next to Tiger Woods.