Brain Age or Big Brain Academy?

Discussion in 'Games' started by seenew, Jun 10, 2006.

1. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

I just bought Brain Age, and I was immediately entertained and surprised by how fun it was. However, after I completed my daily training, I didn't find much left to do.. I don't really enjoy Sodoku, so yeah.. I mean, I'm still looking forward to training my brain tomorrow to see what my new "brain age" is, but I'm wondering if I should trade this in for Big Brain Academy. I read the reviews and it sounds more fun, but kind of gives me the cheap feel of Wario Ware. I mean, WW was fun, but Brain Age feels like... is sophisticated the word?

I don't know.
    Has anyone played both yet? What do you recommend?
    (going to pick up New Super Mario Bros tomorrow anyway)

2. sturigdson macrumors regular

I, too, am interested in this particular question. I haven't seen/played ANY BBAcadamy demos, so I don't really get what the differences are. Plus, the research of Brain Age seems tailored to a specific concept of cranial exercise [activating my prefrontal cortex!] based on specific research, and I'd be interested if BBA is based on similar research, or if it feels less like a laboratory exercise and more like a game... or what!

There is apparently a BBA demo available for downloads in the DS Download stations, described in this thread. I think I'm gonna seek one out and give it a shot. Will let you know, then.

3. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

Big Brain is more of the kids version to Brain Age but still fun. The Download stations will be updated starting next week and that is one of the demo's on it.

4. Goliath macrumors regular

Goliath

I've got Big Brain Academy and the puzzles are hardly 'kiddy' orientated- The puzzles are quite taxing- especially on the hard practice mode. So far I've managed to get quite a few platinum medals but they are hard to achieve.

And I'm only upto Grade C (983g) in the test mode

I would definitely recommend Big Brain Accademy- especially good to test how stupid your mates are compared to you!

5. buffalo macrumors 65816

I might be getting a DS and I might be getting one of these games...

Which one should I get? I've read reviews for both, but can't decide.

6. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

Agreed...some of the puzzles are quite difficult. Especially the ones where you have to count the blocks.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

8. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

DS games, their premise is to make you more intelligent by everyday training.

I have both and I usually use Brain Age everyday. However Brain Academy certainly is more fun and more varied. New Super Mario Bros. is fantastic btw :D

9. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85