Brain Age

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, Apr 17, 2006.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004

$20? :eek: I'm most tempted. Can anyone who has the game tell me if it's worth buying?
  2. RobotCaptain macrumors newbie

Feb 27, 2006
    I'd tell you how it is, but my local store didn't have it yet. :(
  3. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

Dec 1, 2003
    Brain Age

If you haven't already, get this game.

Official Site

Anyway. I've had the game for one day, my current brain age is 36. It's awesome. I can't wait until I unlock more training games.

If you have questions about the game, feel free to ask. I'd love to hear some brain ages from people who have the game.
  4. treblah macrumors 65816

Oct 28, 2003
    This 'game' and its 'sequel' are the main reason I'm getting a DS, as soon as the Lite comes out over here.
  5. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Dec 23, 2004
    Charleston, IL
    I love the concept of this game, glad to hear a good review.

Anyword on the US release of the DS Lite?
  6. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

Dec 1, 2003
    Nintendo hasn't said anything official yet. I'll be getting a DS Lite, as well.
  7. srobert macrumors 68020

Jan 7, 2002
    I've tried Brain Age on my lunch hour at one of those DS Download station. (EB Games) The demo was very short but very addictive. I'll probably buy the real deal after work. Clever game.
  8. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2002
    Aren't there several other brain-training games out as well? What's the difference between all of them? Is Brain Age the best?
  9. srobert macrumors 68020

Jan 7, 2002
    I can understand the confusion. ^_^

Brain Age Trian Your Brain In Minutes a Day (US)
    AKA: Dr Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain (EU)

It's the only one that has seen a North-America release at this time.
    It has a sequel in Japan. (DS Training For Adults: Work Your Brain More).
    The sequel will also be released in Europe.
    There is supposedly a third game in development.

Japan Release Date: May 19, 2005
    North America Release Date: April 17, 2006
    Europe Release Date: June 9, 2006 (Estimated retail price of around £20 or around 30 euros)

Big Brain Academy (US)
    AKA: Brain Flex (JPN)

Similar concept. From Nintendo. More graphical.

Japan Release Date: June 30, 2005
    North America Release Date: June 5, 2006
    European Release Date: Q2 2006

Ultimate Brain Games

Not a "Brain Trining" as the others. Simply a compilation of
    traditional games like chess, backgamon, etc… I think it's a
    port of an old playstation game. (2003) and GBA game.

Japan Release Date: ?
    North America Release Date: November 2006
    European Release Date: ?
  10. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

Jan 28, 2005
    American Riviera
    Does anyone know if this is available in Europe yet? I'm interested in it as well. Looks like a good way to get my wife interested in the DS Lite :)
  11. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

Oct 8, 2002
    The Bamboo Forest
    I picked it up earlier today. It's definitely worth $20 I think. Consider it an excersice tape for your brain. It's not so much a "game" as it is a "tool" to incorporate into your daily routine. And if you like Suduko (or however you spell it) it comes with that too.
  12. mechamac macrumors regular

Aug 17, 2003
    My wife and I dig it. One nice thing - if two people have their brain training sessions saved on a cartridge the game lets you know if you're doing better or worse than someone else with a save when you complete a task. Funny stuff.
  13. mikemodena macrumors 6502a

May 30, 2005
    I caught this in this month's Popular Science that came a few days ago. My friends make fun of me for reading it... but I love it. Anyway, this doesn't seem like a bad investment.
  14. turbodub macrumors regular

May 25, 2004
    I bought Brain Age thinking it was Big Brain Academy. It seems to me that Brain Age is more math/word based, while Big Brain Academy is more picture based. I work with numbers and words all day, so I'm not as interested in Brain Age.

I returned Brain Age (without opening it). Maybe I'll have to try it out at a download station first and see how I like it.
  15. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Apr 9, 2003
    I just bought this game for my gf as a gift, partially on the recommendations from this board, partially b/c she said it looked cool. I'll give her a bit and tell you guys what she thinks, but from what I've seen it looks good.

Edit: I was surprised it was only $20
  16. paddy macrumors 6502a

Jun 25, 2005
    Rumours at the moment is that its August for Europe and June for the U.S but no confirmations from nintendo as of yet. Probably at E3. I was waiting for a Lite but I couldnt hold out any longer so I just went and got a normal one with 3 games off ebay instead.
  17. rumbletum macrumors regular

Apr 2, 2005
    Wolverhampton, UK
    Got my shipping notifiaction for this today, can't wait to receive it
  18. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    I expect it in May. The local GameStop has DS Lite accessories listed for May and rumor is that it'll launch alongside Super Mario Bros DS.