Brain Teaser

Discussion in 'Community' started by iWantAMac, Aug 21, 2003.

1. iWantAMac macrumors 6502

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I'm thinking the only reason that this is available is to get you email address to use for marketing purposes. Its similar to the IQ tests.....;)

D

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm quite sure it's part of a marketing ploy...but that's why I have an email address that is only used to sign up for anything on the net... ;)

I'm gonna take this test later today...I'll post my results after...

4. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

I

Hate these

Tests.

I am brain dead in the morning and if I cared, I could have got atleast 5 more quetions right, but because it is morning I am gonna look like a moron now.

yay.

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

uhh.

Sorry for double but I am annoyied...

I answered 3 to this question and it marks my answer as 1.

1 is obvioulsy not correct because all of the other shapes are rounded accecpt 3.

:kills emode:

6. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

Hmmm ... I wonder ... How about ... a trip to the looney bin?

7. iWantAMac thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I do, too. I would never use my 'real' email address for anything on the internet (especially not for something like this brain teaser), and I usually get 2 or 3 spam emails a week.

8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

#1 is different because it is horizontally and vertically symmetrical and is a basic geometric shape. #2 is different because it's the only one that could be balanced on your finger. #3 is different because it has straight edges. #4 is different because it is the only one not nearly bilaterally symmetrical. So any answer could be justified and you have to consider which is the strongest argument. I think #3 is.

9. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

haha.

I was kinda annoyied how the suryey changed my answer!

Seriously I know what I clicked!
    :whatgives:

10. Ramsos macrumors regular

Ramsos

The Brainteaser

Ram, you answered 21 out of 30 questions correctly!
    Congratulations! Your score is in the 87th percentile. This means that if one hundred people took the test with you, your score would rank higher than 86 of them on average.
    When we analyzed your test, we also discovered that when it comes to linguistic-mathematical ability, you measure in the 100th percentile. This score indicates you have unusually strong abilities when it comes to understanding numerical representation in words or "word problems." You're highly proficient at translating words into numbers. This can be very useful when solving a problem in real life. When people are discussing a vague problem that needs a specific solution, you're able to cut through the extraneous information to a clear answer.

:rolleyes:

11. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I thought percentiles were always rounded down, so 99 percentile was the largest possible value, i.e., you have a higher score than > 99% of the population. You can't be higher than 100% of the population, since you'd then be higher than yourself. Of course, this site sounds like it is trying too hard to compliment you anyway.

Does somebody want to try getting most answers wrong to see what explanation it gives for its evaluation?

12. Ramsos macrumors regular

Ramsos

13. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

One things for sure.. that test took a long time.

Could have goten more right, but i just wanted the test to END!!!!

14. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Come on guys!

:D

I need to make myself feel bad by everyone scoring higher then me!

Make me miserable!

;)

15. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I can't. I'm still bummed out after flunking the Gender Test, a site that gives you a quiz and then tells you, supposedly with high confidence, whether you are male or female. I was misidentified. (At least I hope they were wrong, not me!)

16. skymaXimus macrumors regular

I got 27 out of the 30, but I got all of the spital (SP?) questions right and it told me that I was in the 100% percentile. Dang, I knew I was smart, but I had no idea I was smarter than myself!

17. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

Cool website.

- Doc

18. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

19. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Well, lets see. It said I missed one. Then I go to check my answers, and I had the same problem as MrMacman, where it said I answered the first question wrong. I answered C., the correct answer apparently. It says I answered A. Okay. So I go to compare the rest of my answers, and it says I have to pay for it.

No thanks. I got most of them right (if not all). I'm okay with that. It was fun (I guess), but please don't tell me that any of you payed for this.

This is the site that says I have a 162 IQ. :rolleyes:

20. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

my favorite online thingys was this one my friends sent to me. it asks you your name, age, who youve had sex with, have you cheated on your spouse, and a ton of other personal things that you would never want anyone to know. then you click get answers and it comes back and says, haha your info has been sent to so and so and it emails it all to the person who set you up. so mean but its funny.

iJon

21. frescies macrumors regular

I love these stupid tests....

The Brainteaser Test

Invite your friends!

David, you answered 29 out of 30 questions correctly!

Congratulations! Your score is in the 99th percentile. This means that if one hundred people took the test with you, your score would rank higher than 98 of them on average.

When we analyzed your test, we also discovered that when it comes to quantitative ability, you measure in the 100th percentile. This score indicates you have unusually strong abilities when it comes to solving numerical problems. If there is a numerical pattern to be found, you'll find it. You've got a knack for noticing when something "isn't right." Whether you're conscious of it or not, you have an ability to simply understand when something doesn't add up. Also, when it comes to splitting the check, doing taxes, or determining the number of fans in a baseball stadium, you're the one people turn to.

22. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

those bastards misidentified me too!

*checks pants*

oh wait, no they didn't

23. simX macrumors 6502a

simX

The reason it's saying you answered that shape one correctly is because that's just a sample report, not your personalized report. If you look at the top, it says your name is "Steve" regardless of what you put in at the start.

Oh, by the way... you don't ACTUALLY have to put in any e-mail address -- I put in stupid@haha.com and it accepted it; it didn't even need to e-mail me anything 'cause it told me I got 27 out of 30 correct right on the page (it took like 5 minutes to do).