(brand new) defective ipod

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by switchedanhappy, Dec 16, 2003.

1. switchedanhappy macrumors regular

:mad: ok, so here's my story: goin on a month long trip tomorrow, so i figured that I use the 400$ i saved to get an ipod 20g for the plane. great, so it arrives today, just in time for the plane trip tomorrow morning. I'm happy, i come in, open the packaging and unsheath my musical wonder. here ends the happy part, ::intermission:: ok so I whip out the fw cable and hook it up with my 2 month old g5.... ok and then....... NOTHING HAPPENS. damn. try all the steps in the manual go through shinanegens with trouble shooting, switch ports, restart pod resart g5, to no avail. ipod shows up nowhere, no desktop, itunes, not even system profiler. surprisingly though, the ipod does put on the "charging" screen, so alot of good that does me. oh god, here comes th part with tech support. let it be known that apple tech support, (or the people I talked to) are cretinous scumbags crawled up from the depths of the fiery underworld solely to piss me off. needless to say they had me do all the things that I already had done and one had me reset the p-ram battery, which didn't help at all. awesome. so though it can't come on the trip with me, I think that at least i can get some help for when I get back. I beseach you o all powerful macrumors forum people! helps me! ok im hamming it up, but im desperate!

2. mislabeledstar macrumors regular

I had an ipod that the select button wasn't working properly after a few months, so i sent it in and they sent me back a ipod that was dead....... it sucks man, but **** happens sometimes...... as for phone support making you do the same things you already did, it sucks, it's happened to me, but they can only do so much over the phone plus the fact that many people DON'T do those things you listed and many times those simple things work.

best of luck, but i don't believe you'll get that one up and running, you might just have to wait for a replacement.

3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

have you allowed it to fully charge? Just a thought.