Brand new powerbook direct from apple has no iLife 04

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by tek, Jan 27, 2004.

1. tek macrumors regular

Aug 23, 2003
    My powerbook finally arrived this evening (great!)

It shipped from taiwan on the 20th and is now in my hot little hands :D

I booted the machine up and was going to check out iLife '04 (garageband especially), only to find no trace on the hard disk! I looked through the DVD that came with it, but no iLife!

This is a real let down for me - I dont want to give in to apple's up-to-date price gouging for something that should have come with the computer in the first place.

Is there any way to get this without paying apple £15 to ship something that costs them £0.50 to send?

2. Alex AMG macrumors newbie

Dec 18, 2003
  3. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    call apple and ask. your pb was shipped nearly two weeks after the mwsf keynote. i'd think they'd have had enough time to update everything, but hmm...

that's a bummer...
  4. Calliander macrumors member

Jan 7, 2004
    Long Beach, CA
    Was iLife supposed to come with your machine?

Usually, the i-series machines come with software pre-loaded on it. Power-series machines tend to be base units with only OS installs.

But if you were supposed to get iLife and don't have it, definitely let Apple know they need to put in a fulfillment order. :)
  5. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Jun 15, 2003
    Washington DC
    Power machines come with all the iApps. Or at least my powerbook did. You also have to account for the fact that iLife 04 wasn't actually released until well after the keynote (the 16th I think). Nonetheless, I would give Apple a call. My point is its understandable that its not included. Hope they give you a copy!
  6. tomf87 macrumors 65816

Sep 10, 2003
    I just received my PB last week, and iLife '04 was in a separate envelope. It was not installed on the hard disk.
  7. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    I thought that iLife wasn't shipping on new computers until February.
  8. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

May 15, 2003
    San Francisco
    I ordered my 12" PB from Apple a month after Panther was released, and I didn't get a copy of it with my PB. Luckily, I had already had the retail version, so I just used that. I think it is pretty shady that Apple didn't include it though.
  9. ThomasJefferson macrumors 6502

Jul 17, 2002
    Call Apple and be polite, professional and firm. You can squeeze it out of them.