braodband from imac to 360 wirelessly..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stormyuklondon1, Jul 28, 2006.

1. stormyuklondon1 macrumors member

Apr 21, 2006
    i have my iMac upstairs with broadband via ethernet running into it, and a wireless enabled xbox360 and ibook downstairs. can i squirt the internet connection from my imac over airport so my xbox360 and ibook can connect wirelessly?
    if i can, how do i do it?

thanks in advance:)

p.s i tried a search but didnt come up with anything relevent, however if this is a repost, apologies....
  2. stormyuklondon1 thread starter macrumors member

Apr 21, 2006
    through trial and error, ive sorted it:)...move along, nothing to see here...
  3. yg17 macrumors G5

Aug 1, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    I'm curious...did you spend 100 bucks on the Micro$oft 360 wireless adapter, or were you able to use a cheaper, 3rd party one?
  4. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Sep 27, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I actually would like to figure this out too. I am moving out of my house, which has a linksys router attatched to my mom's computer. In the new house, I will be using my iMac with an airport extreme basestation. The xbox 360 doesn't just connect like it does with the linksys? Because with the linksys, I just used xbox 360's "configure connection" and it worked right away!
  5. zelmo macrumors 603

Jul 3, 2004
    Mac since 7.5
    I have my Xbox connected to my AE wireless network via this Linksys adapter.
    Does anyone know if I can simply unplug it and then plug it into an Xbox 360 and get connected?