Break for US punk trio Blink-182

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Feb 25, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Yey!!!! first Busted now Blink 182 :p

Well it would seem that I've gained some kind of 'supernatural' power that helps nudge crap bands in the splitting up direction... :D

Right then... Green Day next please... :p

Any other requests people? :eek: ;) :p

2. Badradio macrumors 6502

Stop lumping Blink 182 and Green Day in with Busted? I just don't see the comparison.

3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i know i'm gonna catch crap for this... but i'm getting a little tired of u2, i feel like they're so way overexposed...

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Not from this angle, I thought U2 lost it somewhere between Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree...

Although Beautiful Day is a monstrously good track.

Gav, could you start promoting Linkin Park please?

5. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Well apart from the fact that they're all crap :eek: :p :p Busted were just an even more watered down version of watered down 'Power Punk Pop' :rolleyes: bands like Blink 182 and Green Day. ;)

I'd agree with that, I'll use the persuasive 'force' to give them a little nudge :p give it until the end of the tour though for it to take effect :p :p :p

6. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Linkin' Park... yeah they're a bit of a shocker aren't they, I'll throw in Limp Bizkit as well for good measure, is that alright mate?? ;) :D :p

Now, if I have the 'force' to split bands up... who here has the power to make bands reform? If you could give Pop Will Eat Itself a nudge to permanently get them back, that'd be just dandy me' old china! ;)

7. Badradio macrumors 6502

Damn, you're good. :eek:

8. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I thought that'd make people happy... heheheh

Right... onto the next! heheheh :p

9. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Green Day would be good. HOw about Third Eye maroon 182 Strokes? Is that band around anymore?

Hehe.

How about this: Everyone go check out "The Cosmic Game" by Thievery Corporation. That's where it's at-- great grooves, standout vocals, killer sounds and melodies AND guest spots by Perry Farrell and David Byrne :eek: :D :D

10. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

11. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

WHAT??? Pumped up, overmuscled, growling, pro-homosexual krautrock....?

Yeah, OK... I can live with that. :D

Gav, yes, do fred Durst too. Limp is the word.

12. russed macrumors 68000

russed

yeh, good call. more rammstein is good.

bit of a bummer about blink 182, they have done some pretty catchy stuff - i have all of their albums (dont shout at me please)

though, iGav, im impressed with your choice of wiping out Blue. good stuff! how about Westlife? they really get on my nerves!

13. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

14. apple2991 macrumors 6502

15. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

Scissor Sisters

I know everyone here (in the UK Press especially) seems to think they're f*cking wonderful but after that cover of 'Comfortably Numb' I will never forgive them. Besides they sound just like Elton John to me - he's crap too.

16. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

'Ich Bin Ein Auslander' and all that? Yeah go on then. Are Half Man Half Biscuit still going?

17. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

good riddance to Blink 182, never like 'em

me, i am just waiting for the new NIN album and hoping TooL finishes up their new one soon too, then i will be like a little kid at the record store

18. iPlm macrumors regular

Am I the only person who likes Blink 182 and think it's too bad they don't exist anymore?

I don't understand how can pu compare bands who are totally different styles of music?! If you don't like punk rock, then don't listen to it! Green Day is also a great band! If you don't like em, don't listen to them! It's easy! U2 have some nice songs, but most of them are pretty much boring.

19. doumbek macrumors member

As for bands that I want to reform

There are just too many unbelievably bad bands out there clogging up the radio and overflowing onto living room floor.

I think you might have to start working a little overtime just to catch up with all the Disney based music that has been attacking my aching eardrums. :eek: :D

And now for the band that I would like to see reform..........Cibo Mato.
    I don't know how many of you guys have heard of them, and even though I tend to lean towards the heavier stuff, I just have to say that they are just a good old fashioned pop band.

20. brap macrumors 68000

6/4 on they each form their own whiny emo punk band.

God bless the recording industry!

21. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

22. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

If green day breaks up I'll bust all your Apple stuff! (maybe...probably not) :mad:

23. doumbek macrumors member

Blink 182.......IS NOT PUNK!!!!!!!
    They are pop punk, and if you like them, enjoy.
    They are light, and frothy, and very sugary. They are in the same category as most of the Disney based recording industry (aka. any boy band on the planet).

Like whatever you want, but if you want to find out what real Punk is about, buy, rent, or steal a copy of the movies REPO MAN, and ERASER HEAD.

Next, I dare you to find a copy of The Groups of Wrath, Songs from the Naked City album. And, listen to it.

Blink 182 a punk band...........Wendy O. Williams is spinning in her grave!!!!

24. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

25. iPlm macrumors regular

Do you understand what u're saying?
    Pop punk? Blink 182 is a commercial skate punk rock band. So what if they are on MTV and everywhere else, they are sugary, light(depends) liked by the people and make money, anything wrong with that? Blink 182 is not an underground band, they are a commercial band and have great songs. I'm not saying commercial music is that good, but you can't deny that there are exceptions. Boy bands can be put in a same group of people making music for money with Blink.

I don't know what 'real' punk is about, I haven't seen those movies, nor heard those bands, i'll give them a look. One of my favourite bands are Bad Religion and Millencolin. What you are referring to is probably of differeny era of punk music evolution.

Not meant to offend you or anything. This is my opinion... :rolleyes: