Breakfast of MacRumor Champions

Discussion in 'Community' started by pimentoLoaf, Aug 17, 2002.

1. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

What did you start your day with, feeding the ol' brain?

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

I eat vegemite on toast, if you don't know what that is then its an australian thing, a spread like peanut butter

and when my dad comes home from work , I usually have unhealthy food for breaky, like a sausage roll or a muffin , not good for breaky but its nice

3. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Sometimes it's 2 pop tarts, a bowl of cereal, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, chorizo and egg breakfast tacos, or 2 eggs, hash browns, sausage, and pancakes.

It all depends on what day it is, and how much time I have to eat... On wednesdays, though, it's usually the eggs, hash browns, sausage, and pancakes...

4. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

man you get some nice food in the morning, usually I grab what I can before I got to school, I wake up a 7 and then have a shower eat breaky get ready and then have to be out of there 7:45, so I don't get to cook anything nice

5. MacMaster macrumors 6502

Waffels!:D (and some milk, orange juice, and fruit of course:D)

6. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

I don't eat a breakfast, no time before school :(

7. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    just about every day

organic whole wheat oatmeal with a banana

and 6 cups of coffee...:D

8. balliet macrumors member

Speaking of vegemite.... One day me and my friends were listening to Men at Work (hey.. Men at Work are awesome :) ) and noticed the line

"He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich"

None of us knew what vegemite was, but http://www.vegemite.com.au answered that. (oh yeah, go there, and listen to the song. its funny). We decided to go out and try some. We had to go to two stores to find it, but we found it eventually. Wow... that stuff must take some getting used too. None of us were too crazy about it. Anyway... anyone who hasn't tried vegemite should try it sometime.

-Brian

9. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

I think the reason non-Aussies don't llike vegiemite is thay don't know how to eat it. You have to spread it really lightly. If you're putting it on toast, spread it so the toast still looks like toast, but looks like slightly burnt toast. Spread it much thicker and your head may explode. :)

10. balliet macrumors member

Thats probably it. I didn't even try it on toast. I just stuck a spoon in there and ate some. And yes, I think my head almost did explode. :)

11. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Korean ramen with fish and seaweed or miso soup or rice with fish and seaweed.

Aren't large doses of vegemite good for patching things--the roof, the road, a tyre? :)

12. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

if I have time, I'll go to the gas station pick up a bento. It's basically a small little plate of three small chicken drumsticks, a hotdog, salted cabbage, all over rice.... if you live in hawaii and/or japan, it's a normal thing....that and a cold Starbucks Mocha Frappucinno

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

No breakfast for me, unless you count dry cereal at 6 PM.

No offense, but VegeMite? Ewww. My Australian Cousin and his family visited and he smothered his toast in that stuff. I couldn't even be in the same room with it. Just thinking about it makes me kinda quesy. But then again, I am kinda picky.

What is that stuff anyway?

14. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

Nah - the thicker the better. Wimp...

:D

Then, you can mention the age-old battle of Good Vs. Evil (in other words, Vegemite Vs. Marmite).

And Vegemite still reigns supreme....

15. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I can't say that any time I'd gone to buy boxed lunches in Japan, I ever saw one with hotdog over rice (hotto doggu donburi?) but obviously, I was going to the wrong places.

I was eating things like rice with fish or curry and vegetables. However, a Japanese friend in America once made me hotdog o-sushi. :D

16. pimentoLoaf thread starter macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

This is the usual combo...

* Some kind of tea, black (no milk/cream), sugar (not in mint, however)
    * Rice or corn chex w/banana or strawberry atop (no sugar)

On weekends, I'll substitute (for cereal) some kind of ham, bacon, or sausage from:

http://nueske.com/

with toast and honey or peanut butter, though a good many Sundays have been spent here:

http://www.machineshed.com/

17. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

hmm usually nothing, but when i want breakfast, i'dd go to a restaurant out here thats co-owned by a musician who im a big fan of n get 3 pancakes (theyre the size of a large plate..but delicious) and bacon

this is a lil off topic, but i went to that place the other day for a burger (they have a diff name for it) and its really delicious, its kinda fast food kind of place but not as fattening ;) but takes a few min longer :S lol but still really delicious :D

18. djwoolf macrumors member

Chef Boyardee's Beef ravioli...Mmmmmm! that and a tall glass of whole milk and some O.J. for the second course, a Marlboro and a diet coke. My thrid course is a heaping helping of Macrumors.com w/ a side of community forums.
    Then...well my girlfriend wouldnt like me to discuss such things:p

19. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

I think it depends where you are! ROund here, vegemite is nowhere to be found, Marmite is King! And they say you either love it or you hate, I have to say I'm the exception to this rule! I'm impartial!

20. dnte42 macrumors regular

Today, I had me some Kroger brand cheerios! Gaa, those things are foul. Like dirty, wet sawdust in your mouth. Most mornings are better (until I go back to college food :().