breaking: Cheney Authorized Leak Of CIA Report, Libby Says

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Apr 14, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Impeach. Now.

I'm going to keep saying it til it happens.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

I'm going to keep saying it, because it's true.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Nothing new to me, I knew it was Cheney all a long. What do you expect from a vietnam draft dodger who shoots his shooting buddies. The guy is a Bum, Neocon Bum but Bum never the less. This is what America deserves for electing these screwballs.

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

It's not what the rest of the world deserves, though. If you were some banana republic, it wouldn't really matter, but since your actions have an unfortunate tendency to affect everyone else on the planet, we "feel your pain" too.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

All i can say is iam sorry for voting George the first time, I did learn from that mistake but most of America didnt. They bought the fear but remember the Republicans had millions to brainwash the public and a president who repeated the chant Saddam = Bin Laden a zillion times. I am a embarrassed as all hell that these clowns represent our country. 3 more long years of the neocon.

7. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Let me make sure I understand this.

Since Cheney apparently didn't say, "tell them Plame's a CIA agent" what exactly could he be charged with?

Assuming there were ever charges brought against him, of course.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well if you could get him under oath, perjury is a possibility. Remember, that's all it took (and over sex, not national security) for the GOP to become inflamed with righteous indignation. Bush2000 campaigned "to restore honor and dignity to the White House". A lot of these current GOP folks would be falling all over themselves trying to spin that one. Kay Bailey Hutchison (sp?) tried that one back when Fitzmas originally happened and the right flirted briefly with the 'well it's only perjury' defense. She got practically laughed off the Sunday talk shows, and that trial balloon never went any further. So perjury would be a very damaging charge. Cheney might even, in a deja vu moment, be forced to resign.

And then of course, there is the charge Fitzgerald has been seeking all along, floating around out there -- actually violating the Espionage Act by knowingly leaking the name of a NOC agent. Fitz has charged in his court filings that, by lying, Libby has obstructed his ability to find out if that crime actually did occur. So not only is he vulnerable to an Obstruction of Justice charge, the possibility exists that there are bigger fish to fry for Fitzgerald -- and I doubt he'll stop even after Bush/Cheney leave office. But Fitz is definitely leaving open the possibility that someone else may be charged before this is all over.

And then there is the possibility of investigations with subponea power that could probe Cheney (and Bush)'s conduct in the run up to the Iraq war, the NSA wiretapping issues, energy issues, detainee torture, Katrina, lobbying scandals, or their suppression of science data if either branch of Congress were to change hands this fall. Who knows what could potentially turn up? These guys were preparing for a generational shift in American politics.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You'd think I would have heard something about this. I haven't. And I've been looking. Imagine if you weren't.

Hopefully something happens.

10. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

it's been eclipsed by 1) iran, and 2) the rumsfeld controversy.

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You'd think there'd be room as it's part of the collective. All one big jumble of corruption/incompetence. I've been told I have a one track mind, but apparently that's one more than most Americans.