breaking in as Admin on a PC

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by evildead, Jul 25, 2002.

1. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

This is probably the wrong place to ask this but I'll give it a try anyway. My friend at work lost the admin passwd for is Win2000 Box. He made him self 2 accounts one user and one admin. He always uses user and now he can't get in as amin. Any one know of a utility that will reset the admin password? I know there are some for NT4 but I have not heard of any for 2000. In NT you can boot off a flopy and reset it. I wish he used OS X... then it would be easy.

thanks

-evildead

2. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

there is something exactly like that for w2k but i can't remember the name... i'll post the name when i get to work tomorrow

sorry but my memory sucks today ;)

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

admin password

this should work but im not sure. open the case and pull out the cmos battery. i think it is usually jumper 13 on most motherboards. youll see it, its a silver round battery. he will have to reset all his settings though. try ti though

4. evildead thread starter macrumors 65816

evildead

Re: balliet

Thanks for the link. I burrned of a Linux Boot CD from an image I got from that wesite and it worked like a charm! Now I have a great WinNT/2k tool in my tool belt.

Thanks again.

-evildead