BREAKING NEWS: North Korea Expected to Launch a Missile Any MOMENT

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by xShane, Apr 10, 2013.

1. xShane, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013

macrumors 6502a

xShane

2. macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

They might launch one, but it won't get far.

3. macrumors 68040

Oh no ...... watch out!!!!!

[​IMG]

4. macrumors 68000

ideal.dreams

I'm really interested to see what the US will be doing if North Korea actually does launch their missile.

5. macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Going to war! Search and destroy again under obama?

6. macrumors 68020

It depends on who that missile is actually aimed at and if it actually arrives at its target. North Korea can easily hit South Korea or Japan.

The bigger question is this, since North Korea is threatening not only the United States but other countries in that region, and actually has WMDs, why isn't the United States invading and occupying North Korea like Iraq? Is it perhaps the fact that Iraq is rich in natural resources and North Korea isn't?

----------

It was Bush who started Iraq and Afghanistan.

7. macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Or more because the entire geopolitical dynamic is different in that part of the world. Also China has the biggest stake of all in NK. The US and China may disagree on a few things but neither want to got to war with each other. Only with a direct attack on South Korea or Japan will the US directly engage NK imo. Otherwise its just intense saber rattling.

8. macrumors P6

Peace

A timer should be added to the thread topic.

9. macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Thanx i think we knew that already! I'm talking about now under obama.

10. macrumors 601

Prof.

Let's say NK attacks SK or JPN... USA goes to war with NK. What does China do?

11. macrumors 68030

APlotdevice

I think it has more to do with the sociopolitical climate today. Americans were out for blood in the months following 9/11. Now that we've witnessed the long, drawn out the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, we're wary of doing it again.

12. macrumors 68020

Which begs the question, why is the US still occupying Iraq and Afghanistan today?

It's been over 10 years and Saddam and Osama are dead among countless others. Other than taking their oil and giveaways to defense contractors, why is the US still in these countries?

13. macrumors 68040

China would do what anyone else would, stay on the side of money.

14. macrumors 68020

Look, I'm not going to try to defend Obama for continuing the wars Bush started. I think that Obama had every opportunity to and should have ended Iraq and Afghanistan long ago instead of business as usual. However, I constantly see comments like your previous one from conservatives who are always looking for something to blame Obama for. What next, blame Obama for the sun rising tomorrow? :rolleyes:

15. macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I never say that I am blaming obama! I'm more about going to war, and under obama is fine with me. Like the vietnam war. It went thru at least 3 presidents before it actually end. I thout search and destroy in vietnam was pretty stupid tho. Go for the land take the whole north.

16. macrumors 6502a

I wish. Maybe gas would be cheaper. Instead we are throwing cash (literally) into those countries like money pits to repair some of the damage and try to keep them from falling apart again (which will probably happen anyway). Moral of the story: stay out of the middle east.

17. macrumors 68030

APlotdevice

Invading a country whose armed forces are vastly inferior is relatively easy. Keeping the country stable and friendly after you've completely overthrown its government and installed your own is much more difficult.

18. macrumors 6502a

flameproof

Dudes, this is serious! I heard the navy is action ready too!

Attached Files:

19. flameproof, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013

macrumors 6502a

flameproof

...the cavalry is near war ready too and will start action as soon as they get their feet on the ground!

Attached Files:

20. macrumors 6502

They need to send Diane Feinstein over there to confiscate their AK's.

21. macrumors 603

mrkramer

If NK starts it I'm pretty sure China will let them loose. That's questionable if the USA does a preemptive strike, then I think there's a chance that China will help NK and fight us to a stalemate again.

22. macrumors 6502

Did they launch the thing yet?

23. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Probably China would still side with the US.

24. macrumors 65816

Almost certainly, they'd probably grumble about it a little but China isn't all that happy with Pyongyang lately. They are not going to jeopardize their status as an economic power house for the sake of their loud mouthed neighbor.

25. macrumors 68020

This will be the last time I mention Iraq and Afghanistan in this thread because this is about North Korea.

Playing "world police", "nation building", and "spreading democracy throughout the world" is not our job as a single country. If the objective was any or all of these three, it should be accomplished collectively with the aid of other countries through the United Nations.

If the objective was to gain justice for 9/11, then we should have accepted the aid of Middle-Eastern countries that offered it shortly after 9/11. Invasion and occupation should have never been an option.

As far as stealing natural resources goes, the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan wasn't for the benefit of the American people but solely for the corporate backers of the establishment, and Bush, Chaney, and Obama only represent those interests hence why those countries continue to be occupied. I am highly skeptical about remaining in a foreign country purely for stability in the region.