Breaking up with AOL

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bobdude161, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

I haven't used AOL's internet service for a year but it's email still has me. IMAP has been workin out for me with Mail but my emails keep dissapearing after a certain amount of days/emails because AOL loves to delete my old mail for "my convenience". Very annoying!!! AOL doesn't give me an option of forwarding to another email service either! So this is a letter I wrote to AOL concerning these issues:

GET OUT OF MY LIFE!!!! AOL, it's over. I tried to be freinds with you, but your still acting like we're together!!! Get over it. Whether you like it or not, throughout year I have been using you!! I have abused your system. Why don't you let me go peacefully? Let me see other people without giving me tons of **** and taking stuff away from me! I'm saying my final goodbyes. I will not answer your emails asking where I have gone and why I have left. I have told you everything you need to know. It's time to move on. I have, how about you?

No regrets,
    Matt

P.S. I had sex with your sister last night.

I'm sure they completely understood what I was trying to say.

Now. How do I detach? I have painstakingly changed all my e-mails to GMail but there's always a few people who still don't know i have switched.

Is there a way to forward my AOL mail to GMail?

2. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

copy paste then send to your gmail?

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

No.

Just check your AOL email manually until everyone has your new address. You can keep your AOL screen name for free, so you won't be loosing any money.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

All you have to do is to create new folder(s) in Mail. Either manually or by rule, move your AOL messages to the new folder(s). They will not then be deleted.

5. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Could have been Ted Turner in a wig. :eek:

7. keithbennis macrumors regular

keithbennis

Yeah, I use Mail.app to check my AOL account.......

* imap.aol.com (port 143)
    * smtp.aol.com (port 587)

try those for the incoming/outgoing.....