Brenthaven 15" Shoulder Case

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by MacUser1, Oct 19, 2003.

1. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

I'm looking for a new case for my new PowerBook 15." I'm really looking into the Brenthaven case for it, however, I have a question. The case was designed for the old 15" TiBook, not the 15" AlBook. With the update, the dimensions of the PowerBooks have changed, and actually grown enough to (on paper) not fit the sleeve portion of the Brenthaven case. Is this actually true? Does anyone have this case and the new PowerBooks? If so, does the PowerBook fit in the sleeve portion? Thanks in advance.

2. filmmaker2002 macrumors regular

Yeah, the 15" AlBook doesn't fit in the Brenthaven shoulder bag. I have a Brenthaven Titanium Backpack and my AlBook fits perfectly. I don't know why there's a difference. Oh well...Check out these bags.

3. JoelLI macrumors newbie

Brenthaven 15" shoulder bag

I bought the Brenthaven for my new 15" AL, and it fits into the inner sleeve just fine -- snug.

4. MacUser1 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacUser1

ok...

alright...so which one of you is correct?:D

5. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

It should be fine...the only real dimension change is 1/10" thicker, and that's just the air between the display and the case.

6. filmmaker2002 macrumors regular

I tried to put my AlBook into the Brenthaven Shoulder bag at the apple store (the one with the horizontal sleeve) and it wouldn't fit without forcing it. It fits very nicely in my vertical sleeve for my Brenthaven Backpack. Go to an Apple Store and try to fit the AlBook into the case.

7. MacUser1 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacUser1

thanks

alright, thanks for all of your responses. i guess my only hope is to actually go to an apple store and try it out, like filmmaker2002 said. i'll try this weekend, i'm heading back to jersey...maybe i'll try the tice's corner store. i hope it fits, it seem like a high quality case.

8. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I'm thinking of the Brenthaven 15" Professional Backpack for my PowerBook. Does anyone have any positive/negative/comments on them? Are they worth $180 or should I look elsewhere for a better backpack style case/price level?

9. filmmaker2002 macrumors regular

I have that one. It's the absolute BEST pack I have ever owned. I've been looking at the Tom Bihn bags lately and they are nice, but I love my Brenthaven backpack.