Brevard County Floriduh votes twice

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bousozoku, Nov 2, 2004.

1. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

On the t.v. news a little while ago, they were talking about Brevard County voters who have voted on two separate ballots.

One type of ballot was missing an issue of importance, so they gave those people another ballot. Unfortunately, they did not take the original ballot and destroy it immediately. They allowed the voters to use and submit both.

Supposedly, it only affected an hour's worth of voting but still, it was incredibly stupid that they still had the ballots available and more stupid in that they had them at the polling place.

2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

3. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Well, there's probably a lot less opportunity for voter error when Castro's the only candidate on the ballot. ;)

4. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Yah know this is sounding more and more like election judge incompetence. Maybe an IQ test need to be applied to EJ candidates at least in Florida. If this same **** happens again in Florida I'd suggest we change the Florida state flag to something more appropriate. Maybe a big flaming anus? I mean for the love of god they have had four damn years to get this right and several minor elections. WTH is wrong with that state? Then again before the day is out I could be saying the same for several other states in the union. *Smashes head into keyboard* ki,3w2zo932wszo9l3w2szol
    This is going to be a nightmare election isn't it?

PS- I'm originally from Florida so no crack about me being overly harsh.

5. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

The Spanish should have won the war and got Texas and Floriduh. :D

Oh, I forgot to mention the one man to whom they were talking as he was leaving said something like "Oh. I hope my vote counts." I just hope he doesn't do anything where lives are at risk.

6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

And I am sure that s certain "war" candidate would love to have that opportunity. :D

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

You have a point about other states. Though I spent two hours in line with a woman from Wyoming originally. Her comment was priceless, "what happened to commonsense?'. She said that that if there was only one dimple on the ballot, they took it as a "clear indication of intent". She and I were among the few that voted in under a minute in time, because we knew the candidates and the issues.

Her comments were the first time that I could ever support a litmus test of who should vote and not.