Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdham

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2003
Madison
I just downloaded brickhouse firewall setup and have two questions:

1) why does brickhouse mount like it is a drive when you open it and then make you drag it down to eject like a zip drive to close it?

2) does brickhouse need to be running in your dock for the firewall to be enabled?

Thanks
Paul

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
I'm assuming you are talking about when you first downloaded it? Once you have it on your HD, it should act like any other app.

You do not haver to have it in your dock for it to work. Once you've turned it on, it is on.

Regards,
Gus

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Definitely sounds like you are using the Disk Image rather then just using the app.

By the way I have been told there are much better firewall solutions out there. As I understand it BrickHouse is just a GUI for the firewall that is in the UNIX BSD of OSX. It is just a very very basic firewall without the controls necessary to really keep you protected. This is what I have been told at least.

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Yeah, that's how I understood BrickWall to be also-a nice face to the UNIX code. I used it for a while, but it was when it was in the early syages, and it kept fouling up my connection.

Regards,
Gus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.