Bridge from iBook G4 to PC.

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by balt11t, Oct 1, 2009.

1. balt11t
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

I'm trying to share my internet from AirPort into an ethernet connected to an older PC running XP. I mainly have the PC for gaming purposes, but after our modem was moved I no longer have a direct connection. I was wondering if someone could assist me set up a connection between my iBook to the PC.

Thanks in advance,
    balt11t

2. NewMacbookPlz
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Plug the Windows machine in to your iBook via the Ethernet port. Go to System Preferences-->Sharing-->Internet Sharing-->Select Ethernet as the method to share your connection-->Turn on Web and Internet sharing (I forget if they're the same or not, File Sharing may also help...not positive though)

That should do the trick if I remember how I set it up a little while ago...

3. balt11t
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

Should the Windows machine pick it up automatically or what?

4. KielderWolf
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

KielderWolf

Supposedly yes, but it might be an idea to go into the Control Panel and make sure network connections has the Ethernet port active.

5. NewMacbookPlz
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Yup, it should appear like connecting your Windows box to a router over a wired connection. Like Kielder said, if it's not, make sure your Ethernet connection is active via the Network control panel pane on the Windows box.