Bright screen cause damage?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by TheRealDamager, Jan 5, 2011.

1. macrumors 65816

I have a new MBA, 13" which I'm loving so far. I like the screen bright - like almost all the way up all the time. Other than shortening my battery life, will this setting cause any damage to the screen?

2. macrumors 6502

No!

3. macrumors 6502a

Doesn't LCD screens loose brightness over time? Wouldn't using the screen on max brightness all the time make it loose brightness faster? Maybe I'm off the mark here... :confused: It certainly makes a difference on those old CRT screens, but that's a different technology obviously...

4. macrumors regular

backlights have nothing to do with the pixel response and image persistence problems, so you can adjust the brightness to any level that's comfortable for you

5. macrumors 6502

Crank it up and enjoy it. You can't hurt it or shorten it's lifespan. It's a very nice display. I use mine on full brightness all the time.

6. macrumors 65816

Other technologies could lose brightness over time. CRTs, plasma. To a lesser extent, flourescent backlights on LCD displays. But the new MBA uses LED backlight. Not affected at all by use or brightness. Will last forever.