Bright spots on ibook display

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by QCassidy352, Jan 23, 2006.

1. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

My ibook has 2 fairly noticable (on light backgrounds) bright spots as well as some uneven brightness in the lower corners.

Will apple recognize this as a defect and repair/replace my screen? Or is this considered an acceptable deviation? I know that the corners are pretty much unavoidable, but what about the spots in the middle of the screen?

The spots are really staring to annoy me... I think they are getting worse. :(

2. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

does anyone know what apple's policy is regarding this kind of screen defect? Is it tough luck for me, or do they acknowledge this as defective? Thanks!

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

This is normal and exists on all of the newer iBooks (not sure about G3s). They consider it normal, and won't replace it. If they do, the new one will have it anyway.

Spots anywhere else are NOT normal and should be looked at.

4. jwp1964 macrumors regular

Same problem...

I bought my G4 iBk 14 two years ago...I have three of the spots and Apple said it was within their standard and refused to replace it...it is very annoying...I think it is the same problem they actually recognized and fixed on the more expensive powerbooks (just my opinion).:(

5. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

hmm, that's not encouraging. I'm calling them tomorrow and will see what they say. This is not a big issue (only really visible at all on light backgrounds, and not too bad even there) but it seems to me that it's clearly a defect.

6. nfs2 macrumors member

My iBook has slightly uneven lighting (the left is darker then the right) thats only noticable on pure whie backgrounds. I was gonna bring it in, but its so slight im almost sure its "in spec"..

But spots on the screen are recognised by apple as a defect, they even have a whole thing about it on their website.