Brightness slider in control center

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jcorbin, Sep 24, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

now that we have direct access to the brightness slider from anywhere i've started keeping the brightness set to manual. i find that the brightness doesn't adjust well when on auto.

anyone else doing this?

2. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Auto never seemed to adjust too well regardless of what version of iOS I had. I always manually adjust the brightness - just my $.02

3. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

I never used Autobrightness...always used the manual control.

That's the way it is with us control freaks!:p

4. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Agreed. I've always done manual control too. I had to turn off the auto control as iOS 7 seemed to turn it back on.

5. macrumors 68030

Nope, I find auto brightness works great most of the time, but I do appreciate the possibility of fine tuning without having to go through the Settings app.

6. macrumors 6502a

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I never liked how auto brightness managed the levels but I was too lazy to dig into the menu to change it. Now that it's so accessible I find it much nicer to manage brightness.

8. macrumors 6502a

fullauto

Manual here. Bright 80% of the time, dim for early mornings and late nights ;)

Much more accessible than ios 6.. volume too.

9. macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Depends on the phone. My iP5 Auto Brightness always works really well, on both iOS6 and iOS7
    My wife's iP4 running iOS6 adjusts up but does not adjust down. She hasn't upgraded yet so can't comment about an iP4 running iOS7

10. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah that's true. I definitely had to go in and turn the volume down before watching a YouTube or vine video at work. Now it's so easy.

What so the folks who manually update brightness keep it at most of the time.

11. macrumors 6502a

Funny the brightness on my 4 used to adjust down and then not go up. Perfect on the 5S though, I had control centre open when stepping from a dark room indoors to outside, and the brightness switch on the phone literally dragged itself all the way to the top

12. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried going through a reset of the auto brightness feature and I feel like it's worse now. Sticking to manual.

13. macrumors 603

Armen

Do this:

1. Turn auto brightness off and slide the brightness all the way down to 0%.
    2. Go into a dark room.
    3. Turn auto brightness back on.

After auto-adjusting it should work better moving forward.

P.S. Also make sure the area where the light sensor isn't smeared or covered by a screen protector.