Brigness and volume + fn dont work in bootcamp 1.1...plz help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Wulliwolf, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Wulliwolf macrumors member

Wulliwolf

Hi, i istall bootcam 1.1 on my macbook, and window XP SP2, but the butoms of brigness and volume dont work, some one can help me???

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

First: work on your spelling and grammar, please. If English isn't your native language then I won't worry about it. ;)

Second, are you using a laptop keyboard? External? On my MacBook the brightness keys don't work because they're also function keys, but on my external Apple keyboard they work perfectly fine.

3. tsp macrumors newbie

Are you using a non-english Windows XP with a non-english keyboard? Then this thread in the Apple Discussions might help you:
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=603670&tstart=15

(In a nutshell, on a non-english Windows system, the program files folder isn't called "c:\Program Files\", but someone at Apple hard-coded this path into the Keyboard Tool which causes it to crash on a non-english System :rolleyes: )

edit: You have tried using the brightness and volume keys with the fn-key pressed when using Windows, haven't you?

4. Wulliwolf thread starter macrumors member

Wulliwolf

Thx man, im mexican, and i request excuses for my grammar, i am wrote hastily, although my english is not perfectly.

Yes i am using laptop keyboard, and maybe ill try for 1 external. Thx