Bring back the Switch Stories Forum

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Applespider, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    While it's great to see so many 'I've just switched', 'My first Mac has arrived' etc threads, there are only so many times we can say 'congratulations, enjoy your Mac' and there seems to be some confusion over where people are posting the news of the Apple stork - in Buying Tips, in Mac Basics, in Community.

Is it time to recreate the 'Switch Stories' forum so that people can celebrate their new Macs together rather than having lots and lots of threads with very little in them?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Here here!

Or hear there! Or whatever...

I agree. There is a massive amount of new members posting threads on new Macs. We may as well give them a forum. :)

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

might be a good idea after-all.... quite a few of these threads are popping up

4. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Yeah a new switchers forum would be cool :). Would also allow for a good lot of stickies for common beginners FAQs, tips and tricks and how do I's etc...

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

those would actually be better properly allocated in the Mac Basics Forum though

6. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

7. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

sounds good

but sometimes people like to think they are better then everyone else and will go straight to to the awesome people forums and post un-awesome stuff on there which makes the awesome people awesomely angry which will result in extremely un-awesome results.

yeah....

8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Cross reference to my comment yesterday. I like the idea of having a "New to Mac" forum. As it worked out, the "Mac Basics and Help" forum ended up being the home for Mac initiates.

Perhaps if Apple unreverses gears and starts up the Switch ad campaign again after all, a Switchers forum here would become more likely.

9. iMatt mini macrumors 6502

I agree about a switch stories forum. I just posted my own in fact. I just bought an iBook tonight. :D
    We should have a forum for people like me, who have never owned a Mac before, to ask questions other than Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion.

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

We do. It's called Mac Basics and Help and is meant as a friendly gettting-started forum (plus a place for miscellaneous questions not specific to another forum).

And for those of you who didn't spot it, we also have an 'Official' New Member Thread: Welcome thread where new members can say hello.

11. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Wait, there was a Switch Stories thread? Why was it removed?

12. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

i agree i liked the switch ads... Will ferrel was my favorite :p